Shell Personality

Marcus Impudite

Okay, here's the concept:

The character, a criminal mastermind with psionic abilities has developed an ingenious way to avoid being discovered and captured: his true personality retreats deep into his subconscious mind and leaves a personality construct in its place in his conscious mind. This "shell personality" is so exquisitely detailed, including its own set of memories, that it will pass muster under most forms of scrutiny, even telepathic scanning short of a deep probe into the subconscious. The shell is, of course, unaware of the fact that it is a shell; which is a major part of what makes it believable. His true self, meanwhile, is still aware of what goes on while the shell personality is up and can easily reemerge once the pretense is no longer necessary. This, coupled with the fact that never allows even his own minions to see his true face, has kept the authorities from discovering his identity and taking him down.

Would it be best modeled as Mental Group Shape Shift or Multiform? And what Modifiers would logically apply?

Thanks.

Re: Shell Personality

My first thought was the shape shift but that doesn't quite feel like what you are describing - if I have it right then the actual villainous personality is completely subsumed apart from a thread that allows it to emerge either at will or on a trigger and, as such, he has completely different personality, which implies different disadvantages (and maybe different abilities).

As such I would have thought that a multiform (possibly triggered) would be the way to go. If there are different disadvantages I can only think to do it with a multiform, or some sort of handwavium alloy :)

Also multiform does not cost END and so is harder to detect than a shapeshift - and probably works out cheaper in effect anyway.