Damsel In Distress 101

steriaca

I have created a villian who based his 'style' on bad melodrama villians. His name is Mister Wicked. Now, the great questions of the moment.

1) I already defined a coil of rope for him as a Entangle, 2d6 2 DEF, OAF (coil of rope, -1), Real Weapion (-1/4). This is enougth to tie up normals. He has no real plans to go after super powered targets. Should I up this amount anyways?

2) How would you build a cloth gag? Images VS Voice? Entangle with the Stops Voice Sence adder? Another way?

3) Would you leave it up to the senerio to give him a near-deathtrap to put the damsel in distress in, or should he have a "deathtrap" VVP?

Thank you.

I had a dog named Segue once...

Originally posted by steriaca

Would you leave it up to the senerio to give him a near-deathtrap to put the damsel in distress in, or should he have a "deathtrap" VVP?

Jumping off on a tangent, I always loved the movie _Cutthroat Island_ just because of the scene in which Geena Davis is fighting pirates on deck while Matthew Modine-in-distress is tied up in the hold, below-deck, with water leaking in...

Re: Damsel In Distress 101

I have created a villian who based his 'style' on bad melodrama villians. His name is Mister Wicked. Now, the great questions of the moment.

1) I already defined a coil of rope for him as a Entangle, 2d6 2 DEF, OAF (coil of rope, -1), Real Weapion (-1/4). This is enougth to tie up normals. He has no real plans to go after super powered targets. Should I up this amount anyways?

2) How would you build a cloth gag? Images VS Voice? Entangle with the Stops Voice Sence adder? Another way?

3) Would you leave it up to the senerio to give him a near-deathtrap to put the damsel in distress in, or should he have a "deathtrap" VVP?

Thank you.

The gag could be Darkness vs. Hearing group, that's a tough one. I don't usually write up gags and ropes. I just define their toughness and defense.

OR (second thought) you could make it concealment vs. Sound (that way there would still be a PER roll to try and hear them.)

Re: Damsel In Distress 101

Thank you.

mmmm..

1) It depends, can normals 'haymaker' or push in your campaign? If they can, breaking that rope might be pretty easy for them.

2) Hmmm.. the ideas mentioned so far are good. Transform is another posiblity, with a limitation that as soon as the gag is gone, so is the transform?

3) Not sure. A "death trap" VPP seems pretty original, and I like the sound of it. Maybe with a limitation to reflect time needed or using materials about?