The Holy Hand Grenade

teammaxx

I was just wondering what you guys thought the Holy Hand Grenade stats from Monty Pythons Holy Grail would be? I thought of this during one of our recent adventures.

I had a teammate (Flux) that used a multi-form to transform into a immobile, bulky, 200d6 bomb that he had to resort to. He was attempting to bluff and make a trade for the rest of the team that was captured in the villain base. The light based, killing attack, teleporter didn't bite and tried to snatch the bomb to teleport to the surface before the timer ran out. He didn't know Flux had a held action and had no choice but to blow up. Luckily for him he is Nano based and was able to latch onto a nearby electronic device (randomly our power suit hero, White Knight) to survive. We spent the rest of the adventure trying to find Flux since he had no way of communicating with us. I'm guessing the two villains standing right next to the bomb will not be making another appearance in our campaign.

Shado-Trick Arrow Archer/Gadgeteer

Re: The Holy Hand Grenade

Let's see...

It would be Range Based On Strength since it is a thrown weapon. I'd give it a 1-hex AOE, and probably Takes No Range Modifiers. It seemed to bounce right on to the target bunny, despite the poor throw, and it certainly destroyed it. Its a full Phase attack since you must pull the pin and count to five... er, three. So that might make it an Extra Phase attack.

Using the Absolute Effects information on page 251 of Fantasy Hero we see that a absolute death spell effect is an 8d6 RKA, NND, Does BODY. I guess the defense would be not being naughty in God's sight.

All in all pretty nasty.

Let's see...

It would be Range Based On Strength since it is a thrown weapon. I'd give it a 1-hex AOE, and probably Takes No Range Modifiers. It seemed to bounce right on to the target bunny, despite the poor throw, and it certainly destroyed it. Its a full Phase attack since you must pull the pin and count to five... er, three. So that might make it an Extra Phase attack.

Using the Absolute Effects information on page 251 of Fantasy Hero we see that a absolute death spell effect is an 8d6 RKA, NND, Does BODY. I guess the defense would be not being naughty in God's sight.

All in all pretty nasty.

Very nice indeed sir. I like the defense on said Holy Hand Grenade. Since I'm this train of thought, stats on the Man Eating Death with Big Pointy Teeth Killer Rabbit. I would think minus Presence since he is so cute and furry. Superleap + Shrinking obviously. HKA maybe 5d6 vs. Humans only, Continuous, Penetrating. Linked to Mind Control to induce Fear Only (Run Away!, Run Away!).

monty_python_rabbit.jpg

Let's see...

All in all pretty nasty.

Thank you !

Very nice indeed sir. I like the defense on said Holy Hand Grenade. Since I'm this train of thought, stats on the Man Eating Death with Big Pointy Teeth Killer Rabbit. I would think minus Presence since he is so cute and furry. Superleap + Shrinking obviously. HKA maybe 5d6 vs. Humans only, Continuous, Penetrating. Linked to Mind Control to induce Fear Only (Run Away!, Run Away!).

monty_python_rabbit.jpg

Requires a significant Reputation bonus to Presence, Small Group. After all - Tim knew to keep his head down, and feared it properly.

We built one with megascale 1km. It was insta-kill for any character in the area, including the one that used it!

My demon has a power inspired by this thread: 2d6 RKA, LOS, NND, Does BODY. I don't think the GM has read my character sheet recently......................... :P.