Giving a weapon an OCV bonus via a spell

HappyCat

I'm trying to create a spell that will give a temporary OCV bonus to a particular weapon. So, for example, you cast the spell on the weapon and it gets +3 OCV for a few minutes or some such. But I'm not quite sure how to put it together.

Normally to boost something for a few minutes you'd use Aid, so nearest I came up with was 2d6 OCV Aid where each 2 points rolled gives +1 OCV (as a 2 point CSL).

But it doesn't feel right giving the weapon CSLs. I'm actually tempted to dump the idea of boosting the weapon and just make it a DEX Aid on the wielder (for OCV only), but giving the boost to the weapon is more in the flavour of my magc system.

Any ideas?

I'd use the UBO (Usable By Others) Advantage with CSLs (note that 5-point CSLs are the minimum level that can have Limitations):

Bladebless: +2 OCV (10 Active); OAF Weapon (-1), 1 Continuing Charge of 5 minutes (-3/4) (4 Real)

Cast Bladebless: Apply UBO (+1/4) to Bladebless (5)

Every time the character invokes Cast Bladebless, the affected weapon has +2 OCV for 5 minutes. Tweak to taste.

Math note: IDHMBIFOM, so the -1/2 Continuing Charge value may be wrong.

Edit: The original continuing charge value was incorrect (now corrected); however, the real point cost was not affected.

Originally posted by SCUBA Hero

I'd use the UBO (Usable By Others) Advantage with CSLs (note that 5-point CSLs are the minimum level that can have Limitations)

Ya see - twelve years I've had Hero and I still don't quite get it! :D

That looks excellent - thank you.