Questions on HTH enviorment modifiers

Harrkonen

I'm currently heading a campaign where a good deal of sword fighting and HTH combat are invovled and practiced on a regular basis, up till now I've tried to cover all the details for said combats but one is still evading me, even with the Ultimate Martial artist book i can't find what I want. I'm wanting to know what would the modifiers be for combat between two people who are at different elavations from each other. fighting on a staircase for instance or having the higher ground. What would the different modifiers be for this?

Re: Questions on HTH enviorment modifiers

I seem to remember something about modifying the 'default' Hit Locations used for each combatant in such uneven ground situations. Basically, the lower character has a better chance of hitting feet/legs and the higher character has a better chance of hitting head/arms.

I don't remember what book I read it in though.

I seem to remember something about modifying the 'default' Hit Locations used for each combatant in such uneven ground situations. Basically, the lower character has a better chance of hitting feet/legs and the higher character has a better chance of hitting head/arms.

I don't remember what book I read it in though.

I've checked the main book and the UMA book and neither give specifications about it. I've considered a possible OCV/DCV system but after discussing it a bit it doesn't really seem like a signifigant enough of a change for that...maybe though the hit locations idea could be something. Perhaps Dex checks when fighting along some surfaces like stairs and hills...after all Sure footing is a luxary when you are trying to not get shanked.

I believe someone in a different thread mentioned that the Fantasy Hero book had some extra detail on sword fighting. I think it was in the thread about forcing opponents to take a step back or to move making HtH less static. You may want to ask around as to whether or not that might be where Hyper-Man saw the uneven ground issue discussed (the book, not the thread, I mean).

I don't know what the official rules are but generally I'd give the person with the higher elevation +1 OCV in melee, assuming they had a weapon long enough to strike the person at the lower elevation without having to crouch down. So longsword or spear gets +1, whereas fighting with a dagger you are going to find it difficult to hit them at all and should probably be considered unarmed, or maybe take a penalty (-2?) to OCV.

I believe someone in a different thread mentioned that the Fantasy Hero book had some extra detail on sword fighting. I think it was in the thread about forcing opponents to take a step back or to move making HtH less static. You may want to ask around as to whether or not that might be where Hyper-Man saw the uneven ground issue discussed (the book' date=' not the thread, I mean).[/quote']

Yes...now that you mention it I do remember the Fantasy book having quite a bit of extensive HTH combat notes in it. I'll have to track down one of my friends who have a copy.