The Avenger Returns!

OddHat

I've always been a fan of The Avenger; at his wildest, he was one of those characters who stradled the line between "Action Hero" and "Superhero", and his contribution is often less well known than Doc's or The Shadow's. There are some new Avenger books coming out now; hope that some of my fellow Pulp Hero fans will be interested. If nothing else, they're guaranteed to be great inspiration for your pulp games.

http://www.moonstonebooks.com/avenger.asp

Re: The Avenger Returns!

Yeah...sort of a "Team leader" style. I once tried this for champs, but the players did not like it, I did use it for a anchient greek run with a Demi-god, two "major-heros" and three "lesser-heros". Though the setting had ways to ballence the differing power levels.

I'd likely use a simular thing if I went with a differing power level game...

If not, well specialization gives each person their own "space"...

Re: The Avenger Returns!

Rod Currie does a very good job of this with his "Friends of Justice" convention game; Doc Justice is built on the same points as the rest of the team' date=' but still does well as the Scientific Genius leader around whom the group formed.[/quote']

Yeah, for a role playing game, I think that method is required...sadly I've never seen the friends...I only make it to Dundracon, and any more, even that is rare...:(