Virtigo

Fearghus

I was thinking about a villian that has a device that puts out some sort of sound wave or other emination that causes dizzyness, and disorientation. His henchmen would ofcoarse have gear that protects them from this effect.

I was trying to figure out a good way of building this. My first thought was to do is as some sort of drain, but now I am leaning toward building it as some sort of mental illusion... Then I was thinking some sort of continuous flash effect.

Basically what I am looking for is an AOE power that gives combat penalties to anyone not protected from it

Maybe I am just overthinking this.

Re: Virtigo

I would go with Suppress since it is easier to track than Drain.

55 Vertigo Wave: Suppress DEX 10d6 (standard effect: 30 points), 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Hour (+0), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Flash Defense (Hearing); +3/4), Area Of Effect (9" Radius; +1) (137 Active Points); OAF (Vertigo Device; -1), No Range (-1/2) [1 cc]

Notes: -10 DEX

Re: Virtigo

60 8D6 Sight Group Flash, Defended by Flash Defense (Hearing;+0), Explosion (+½)

The effects of a Flash attack covers the effects of Vertigo just fine. The special effect would be that while vision is unimpaired, coordination & balance are shot to heck, so while you can see the chair that you're about to stumble into, you still can't avoid it.

Likewise, you can see incoming attacks, but it's a pain to dodge them. And while you can see you're opponent, you'll have trouble keeping your balance long enough to hit them.