World Creation

GradonSilverton

Originally posted by AnotherSkip

Yeah but you are the Old Man of hero.

What are Aeons to you?

Moments past are as aeons to me, while aeons yet to come flash by in a heartbeat.

Why? I can barely remember what day it is or what I did at work yesterday. Conversely, bills and deadlines rush up on me with breathtaking speed. If this trend continues, in a couple of weeks I'm gonna wake up and I'll be ninety years old and I'll be like, "what? Hey, wait--" and then I'll die.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sword Addenum

Originally posted by Jhamin

One of the best bits of worldbuilding advice I ever got was from Monte Cook at a Gencon forum. He reccomended that everyone buy "The Tough Guide to Fantasyland" by Diana Wynne Jones.

I think the sword section need an addendum so here it is :D

Sword Addendum

11. If not one of the above then watch out it is a sword of truth.

When you first get this sword it will be quit useless, even thou it has an edge the only damage it can inflict is truth. Sometime during your QUEST you will figure out how to use the power of the sword. Be careful when this happened because learning to use the sword’s power results in inflicting the power on ones self. Then you will be faced with the horrible truth about your charter. After a long and painful interpersonal battle about what are horrible person you really are you will have the FINAL BATTLE with the DARK LORD. During this battle you will strike the DRAK LORD with the sword of truth and he will fade form existence to escape the TRUTH.

Z.O.T.H “OUTPUT DISLAYEDâ€