A pair of EGO related limitations

Sociotard

I was hoping to get herodom's opinion on a pair of limitations I'm considering.

The first is a limitation to simulate supernatural foci that can be used by anyone, provided they have the force of will to use them. I wanted to use FrED's STR MINIMUM TABLE (page 328), replacing STR with EGO. I figured it would be fair, considering it costs more than STR does. BTW, could this be used in a superheroic campaign if the limitation were reduced (i.e. EGO Min 15-17 = -1/4)? Probably not, since heroic characters buy and find equipment, rather than aquire it with points.

The second was for Invisiblity (only with the No Fringe adder) -1/4 Bright Ego Fringe. No fringe means even at a range of 1" he cannot be seen. Bright EGO Fringe means an EGO roll can be used to see the character at a range of 8" or less. (It's to simulate an 'imaginary friend', who can only be seen by others who have the faith to do so.) Since I'm requireing a characteristic other than PER, should the range be increased? I'd lower it, but that obviously can't happen. :P

EGO Min for a heroic game sounds great. For a superheroic game it's less applicable, since most people buy their own equipment and will just tailor the limitation to their EGO, essentially getting a Limitation for free. At most (i.e., if there were a lot of EGO Drains running around) it would be -1/4.

Bright Ego Fringe seems like a very reasonable limitation (as much as can be told without knowing the entire context).