Post Hypnotic Command

Mr. Gridlock

I'm thinking this would probably not be Mind Control but a Major Transform with a Trigger. You apply the Transform ("compelled to follow my orders to the letter" or some such thing) and have it take full effect, though it's actually dormant until the trigger (a phone call or someone walks by and says the stimulus word or phrase).

Does this seem in the ball park?

Post Hypnotic Command : Major Transform 5d6 (You into my Slavishly Loyal Follower, Chemical detox clears the drug from your system), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; Requires the character to hear the phrase "kilo india lima lima"; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (131 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Week, Full regimen of brainwashing; -4 1/2), OAF Fragile Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; Brainwashing drugs; -1 1/4)

Re: Post Hypnotic Command

Sure, as long as the high active does not cause problems...maybe buy brainwashing as Cumlative so it takes longer on stubborn minds..?

I've often bought it as Mind Controll: Trigger (variable) so I Mind thrall you but it has no effect till you say "See a pink umbrella" then you follow the command given ("Kill the person with the green shoes")...

Sure, as long as the high active does not cause problems...maybe buy brainwashing as Cumlative so it takes longer on stubborn minds..?

I've often bought it as Mind Controll: Trigger (variable) so I Mind thrall you but it has no effect till you say "See a pink umbrella" then you follow the command given ("Kill the person with the green shoes")...

I don't think Trigger works that way; in this case, it would make the mind controller make the attack with the power at the time the trigger condition was fulfilled, which is kind of useless when the idea is to send the target off on his own.

What you're looking for is the Delayed Effect modifier.

I don't think Trigger works that way; in this case, it would make the mind controller make the attack with the power at the time the trigger condition was fulfilled, which is kind of useless when the idea is to send the target off on his own.

What you're looking for is the Delayed Effect modifier.

Does it change the cost? If not then for me it's to-may-toe to-mah-toe....

I retract my earlier post, since upon further investigation it turns out that Delayed Effect doesn't do what I was thinking of either. A power that operates independently of the character needs to be Constant and Uncontrolled (which is, indeed, much more expensive), but that doesn't seem intuitive. If anyone has a better solution, I'd love to hear it.

You can use normal mind control to plant a PHC. Just tell the controllee to take certain actions at a point in the future. All you need worry about then is breakout. Not a problem if you have a week to program them, because with 192 points of effect, best of luck with those breakout rolls:

Mind Control 1d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Cumulative (192 points; +1 3/4) (19 Active Points); Mandatory Effect EGO +30 or Greater (Must Always Achieve [Particular Effect]; -1), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

Using mental transform you could just ignore the trigger entirely: a mind can be transformed into a mind with a PHC as part of the transform. The advantage of trigger is that you can't 'heal' before the activation, but if you set the right heal condition that's not really a problem.

You can use normal mind control to plant a PHC. Just tell the controllee to take certain actions at a point in the future. All you need worry about then is breakout. Not a problem if you have a week to program them, because with 192 points of effect, best of luck with those breakout rolls:

Mind Control 1d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Cumulative (192 points; +1 3/4) (19 Active Points); Mandatory Effect EGO +30 or Greater (Must Always Achieve [Particular Effect]; -1), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4)

Using mental transform you could just ignore the trigger entirely: a mind can be transformed into a mind with a PHC as part of the transform. The advantage of trigger is that you can't 'heal' before the activation, but if you set the right heal condition that's not really a problem.

Yeah, I use the trigger so that the breakout mechanism does not kick in till the set circumstance come up...the target can resist (Psych lims etc modify) and "recover" (normal breakout rules)