30	[b]Machine Gun Arm:[/b]  RKA 1d6+1, Autofire (10 shots; actually 8 shots 
per burst; +1), 4 clips of 125 Charges (+1); OIF (strapped[?] to 
arm; -1/2), Restrainable (weapon needs room to be maneuvered, can 
be Grabbed and/or Entangled; -1/2), [4 x 125]
40	[b]Action Heroine Toughness:[/b]  Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 
50%; STUN Only (-1/2) [b]plus[/b] Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 
50%; STUN Only (-1/2)
3	[b]Knocks Shuriken Out Of The Air With A Knife:[/b]  Missile Deflection 
(Thrown Objects); OIF (knife or other object of opportunity; -1/2)
2	[b]Springing To The Attack:[/b]  Leaping +2" (4 1/2" forward, 2" 
upward), END 1
2	[b]Fast Break:[/b]  Running +1" (7" total), END 1
10	[b]Combat Running:[/b]  Running 7", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); 
Only To Make Half Moves In Combat (-1)

[b]Perks[/b]
8	Contact:  Miki and Suguru Sugihara (Sugihara Motors) (Contact has 
useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 14-

[b]Talents[/b]
6	[b]Action Heroine:[/b]  Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

[b]Skills[/b]
12	+2 with HTH and Ranged Combat
4	+2 with Dodge

3	Acrobatics 12-
3	Breakfall 12-
3	Climbing 12-
5	Deadly Sprayfire
3	Fast Draw (HTH) 12-
5	PS: Play Basketball 14-
5	Precise Sprayfire II
5	Rapid Attack (Ranged) 
3	Stealth 12-
4	WF:  "Machine Gun" Arm, Chainsaws, Kami (sickle), Knives

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:  182
Total Cost:  262

100+	Disadvantages[/b]
10	Distinctive Features:  One Arm (Concealable; Noticed and 
Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
25	Hunted:  The Hattori Nija/Yakuza Clan 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly 
Punish)
0	Normal Characteristic Maxima
15	Physical Limitation:  One Arm (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)
20	Psychological Limitation:  "I'll Remain A Demon Until I Kill Every Last 
One Of Yu's Enemies!" (Common, Total)
5	Social Limitation:  Parents Are Suspected Murderers Who Committed 
Suicide (thus, the Hyugas are 'bad people') (Occasionally, Minor)
87	[b]Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points:  262[/b]

Background/History: Ami Hyuga used to be a fairly normal high school girl. Then her younger brother, Yu (and his friend Takeshi), was killed at the hands of Sho Kimura, the son of Yakuza gangsters. With the police labeling it a suicide, and Takeshi’s mother blaming Yu for her son’s death (due Ami’s parents having been accused of murder and committing suicide in response), Ami realizes her brother’s killers are going to literally get away with murder.

Finding her brother’s diary, and a list people Yu wants to kill, Ami sets out to find out who was the leader of the gang who killer her brother. Her first stop ends in disaster, as the boy named in the diary declines all knowledge of the event and his father attacks her for trying to smear the family name. Driven away, she returns later, killing the son with a kami (sickle), then then killing the boy’s mother. Upon realizing what she’s done, Ami snaps, deciding she will become a “demon” until she’s killed everyone connected with the murder of other brother.

Having found out where Sho Kimura lives, Ami attacks, armed with just a knife. While she kills several Yakuza soldiers, she’s eventually captured, and ends up having her arm lopped off. Escaping, she staggers down the road, eventually fetching up at Sugihara Motors (Takeshi’s parent’s shop). Suguru Suighara, Takeshi’s father, takes her in, sews up her arm, and nurses her back to health. Miki, Takeshi’s mother, eventually comes around, and while Suguru builds Ami a new arm, Miki trains her in various combat techniques.

As Ami and Miki prepare to head out on their quest for revenge, the Kimura attack, and Suguru is killed. Incensed, Ami and Miki torture a captured Yakuza soldier until he tells them where to find the Kimuras. Armed with Ami new machine gun arm, chainsaw, and other weapons, the two head out for a blood-soaked (and then some) finale.

Personality/Motivation: Ami has gone from an older sister concerned about her brother’s well-being to a revenge-filled maniac who will kill anyone and everyone associated with Sho Kimura’s gang or the Kimura ninja/Yakuza clan. She is utterly ruthless in battle, and only wants to see Sho (and his father) dead.

Quote: "Even if you don’t remember [Yu], he’s waiting for you in Hell!"

Powers/Tactics: Fairly athletic and combat capable before losing her arm, Miki’s training has made Ami even more effective. Normally she’ll start (and finish) any fight with long bursts from her Machine Gun Arm, and has been known to blow holes clean through a target. Normally, she targets one person at a time, but has been seen to fire at three at once (to limited effect). If unable to use her Machine Gun Arm, Ami is also quite effective with her hands and feet, and is skilled with the kami, using to slit more than a few throats. Oh, and let’s not forget that if all else fails, she has a Chainsaw Arm as well.

Appearance: Ami Hyuga (played by Minase Yashiro) is an attractive Japanese girl of average height and build. Her black hair falls just to her shoulders. When acting as Machine Girl, she wears a fairly typical Japanese girl’s school uniform with a white blouse and a plaid skit.

Designer's Notes: Okay, before you go run out and try to find this movie, let’s get one thing straight -- this might be the bloodiest movie I have ever seen (although Planet Terror might have it beat). Granted, the “blood” was of a level that reached parody, in which just about any cut results in a pressure hose geyser that would kill the victim in seconds if real. And lets not mention the various mutilations, dismemberments, and decapitations. Of course, with this level of violence, it’s hard to take seriously (the movie sure doesn’t), and part of my combated the squick factor by marveling at the effects (and laughing at some of the more insane sequences).

As for the Machine Girl (which is not her name in the movie), the character sheet her represents her right before she heads off for the final battle. Actually, there is a bit of a disconnect to the film, as the initial fight scene doesn’t make any sense when you look at the timeline of the rest of the movie. But that’s not all that important in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, I built Machine Girl to be a hight Talented Normal, with physical skills on par with above average mooks and the like. She’s not totally dominating in combat (unless fighting a hapless bunch of high school thugs), but her Machine Gun Arm does even the odds quite a bit. Still, if you want to make her tougher, give her +1 SPD, and some of the Combat Skill Level Super Skill builds from Dark Champions (such as Machine Gunner From Hell).

(The Machine Girl created by Noboru Iguchi, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

Re: Ami Hyuga the Machine Girl

Fantastic write up!

Not sure if her machine-gun arm has massive numbers of charges or is plain 0 End, but it has been a while since I saw the movie. Did we see her re-load? I also agree fully with the Action Heroine Tougness choice along with the high CON and BOD to represent her brand of invulnerability; she doesn't ignore cuts (and amputations), she just survives them and remains mobile much longer than should be possible.

As grotesque as it is, somewhere on the sheet (maybe under distinctive features) "Serious Scars on Chest" should probably be mentioned. It doesn't make her more distinctive, but it is something that the post-movie version of the character has to deal with. On the other hand, that's the least wince inducing way I can think of to describe the results of her final battle with the Yakuza Queen, and I can completely understand not wanting to mention it at all.

Yes, she does reload. It's sort of a plot point on one scene. And as for the end scene.... yeah.... I'd rather not think to much about that. Of course in the scenes right after the fight with the Yakuza Queen, she looks fairly "fine" aside from shredded and blood-stained blouse. Oh... there's a sequel coming.

Hmm... let me think... it has more blood but probably doesn't have as much constant violence, since Versus has a larger cast and zombie hordes. I think Versus is rewatchable (I own it), and I think once was enough for The Machine Girl. I will say that The Machine Girl is like Planet Terror, so over done the violence is hard to take seriously (except in a few scenes).

Is it anywhere near as bloody and excessively violent as Versus?

What Mike said. Also, the violence in Machine Girl is more personal than that in Versus, and more affecting. The violence in Versus is mainly combatants clobbering one-another. Machine girl features several graphic torture sequences.

As grotesque as it is, somewhere on the sheet (maybe under distinctive features) "Serious Scars on Chest" should probably be mentioned. It doesn't make her more distinctive, but it is something that the post-movie version of the character has to deal with. On the other hand, that's the least wince inducing way I can think of to describe the results of her final battle with the Yakuza Queen, and I can completely understand not wanting to mention it at all.

I am morbidly curious...

What happened?