The Zombie Master vs. The Crimson Mage

Shadow Hawk

This is a long one, hopefully it makes sense.

In the 1980s, a villian known as The Zombie Master (Or Count Skull) used his necromatic power to wreak terror in (campaign city). He was opposed by The Crimson Mage, master of the mystic arts (and his lovely sidekick, Scarlet). Thier battles were legendary, with the fate of the world at stake...

After years of this, The Crimson Mage finally defeated the Count of the Skull, revealing the horrid truth: The Zombie Master was nothing but a zombie himself! De-animating the Grim Monster, The Crimson Magi retired with his former sidekick and current spouse, where he now gives mystic advice to heroes who ask.

A group of heroes (PCs) have come to his home with dread news: The Zombie Master has returned! But the Crimson Mage says it can't be the Zombie Master, the Count of the Skull has been destroyed, it must be some imitator.

But (the PCs ask) didn't he come back from the dead once? The Crimson Mage insists that it cannot be the original, but some new villian. Not only does the Crimson Mage insist that it cannot be the original, he looks positively terrified by the thought! What could be so disturbing to the retired hero?

(Hmmm... no spoiler tags. Bother. I guess I'll have to make a seperate post about it after this one generates some activity.)

Re: The Zombie Master vs. The Crimson Mage

This is a long one, hopefully it makes sense.

In the 1980s, a villian known as The Zombie Master (Or Count Skull) used his necromatic power to wreak terror in (campaign city). He was opposed by The Crimson Mage, master of the mystic arts (and his lovely sidekick, Scarlet). Thier battles were legendary, with the fate of the world at stake...

After years of this, The Crimson Mage finally defeated the Count of the Skull, revealing the horrid truth: The Zombie Master was nothing but a zombie himself! De-animating the Grim Monster, The Crimson Magi retired with his former sidekick and current spouse, where he now gives mystic advice to heroes who ask.

A group of heroes (PCs) have come to his home with dread news: The Zombie Master has returned! But the Crimson Mage says it can't be the Zombie Master, the Count of the Skull has been destroyed, it must be some imitator.

But (the PCs ask) didn't he come back from the dead once? The Crimson Mage insists that it cannot be the original, but some new villian. Not only does the Crimson Mage insist that it cannot be the original, he looks positively terrified by the thought! What could be so disturbing to the retired hero?

(Hmmm... no spoiler tags. Bother. I guess I'll have to make a seperate post about it after this one generates some activity.)

maybe the crimson mage and count skull were related b family somehow

Re: The Zombie Master vs. The Crimson Mage

Well, this is a example of "don't post after taking your medecines".

The idea was a start to the campaign. The players (all new to Champions) are low point heroes (150+100 disads) who decide (I hope) to team after confronting the New Zombie Master and his minions during a robbery attempt. I intend to let drop that the Crimson Mage defeated the Zombie Master and retired, and now lives nearby. The scene above describes the Crimson Mage's reaction to the news.

I guess what I'm looking for is "How would you react" and "How do you think my players would react".

Oh, I know why the Crimson Mage is freaking out...

My players are still setting up characters. So far I have...

A copy of Harry Dresden.

A copy of Green Arrow.

A copy of Gentleman Ghost.

A telekinetic chef.

A martial arts wire fu expert.

And at least one other.