Great Cat

fbdaury

Ok, second member of the Testament team- Great Cat! A relative newcomer, he is the son of the Great Cat that served with the team for a while back in the early eighties, exiled temporarily from his home in the African nation of Dayana. He is also the first American-born member of his family to serve as Great Cat, the champion of the Cat Spirit who is empowered to act as that being's earthly agent.

Great Cat

Height: 6'2" Weight: 223 lbs of rock-solid muscle

Hair: Black Eyes: Brown

STR 18/30 (8) Damage: 6d6 Lift: 1.6 tons Leap: 10"/5" Roll: 15 or less END: 2/1

DEX 18/29 (24) OCV 6/10 DCV 6/10 Roll: 13/15 or less

CON 18/25 (16) Roll: 13/15 or less

BODY 12/22 (4)

INT 23 (13) Roll: 14 or less Perception Roll: 14/18 or less

EGO 18 (16) ECV 6 Roll: 13 or less

PRE 25 (15) Pre Attack: 5d6 Roll: 14 or less

COM 20 (5) Roll: 13 or less

Pd 6/15 (2) 6 rPd

Ed 6/15 (2) 6 rEd

SPD 4/6 (12) Phases: 3,6,9,12 / 2,4,6,8,10,12

REC 9/12 (2)

END 36/50

STUN 30/50 Total: 119 points

Powers:

Form of the Great Cat- Most of his powers are only available in the form of the Great Cat, the tribal protector of the Dayan people and the champion of the Cat Spirit. These powers are all bought with the OIHID disadvantage (-1/4)

+12 Strength, OIHID (-1/4) (10)

+11 Dexterity, OIHID (-1/4) (26)

+7 Constitution, OIHID (-1/4) (11)

+10 Body, OIHID (-1/4) (16)

+7 Physical Defense, OIHID (-1/4) (6)

+8 Energy Defense, OIHID(-1/4) (6)

+.9 Speed, OIHID (-1/4) (7)

Blessings of the Cat Spirit (Major)-

Healing 2d6 (Body, standard effect: 2 Body) 0 End/Persistent (+1); Self Only (-1/2), Extra (25) 0

Time:1 Turn (-1 1/4) plus Resurrection, 0 End/Persistent (+1); Self Only (-1/2), Extra Time: [7]

1 Turn (-1 1/4) with 7 charges that never recover (-2 1/2) (Has already lost his life twice)

Immunity to all bio/chemical agents and diseases, only vs. Natural agents/diseases (not (14)

vs. anything synthetic or genetically engineered, -1/2)

8 points total Mental Defense (4)

10 points Power Defense (10)

4d6 Luck (20)

Blessings of the Cat Spirit (Minor)- 20 pt VPP, all powers are magical (-1/4) and he does (27)

not have full control over powers provided- by making a Contact:Cat Spirit roll at -1/10 active

points he can "request" certain powers but the spirit has final say (-1/4)

Cat's Balance- Supreme Balance, Icewalking, OIHID (-1/4) (3)

Cat's Claws- 2d6 HKA at 1/2 End cost(+1/4), Restrainable (- 1/2), OIHID (-1/4) (21) 1

(4d6 HKA w/ Str)

Str 30 Clinging, no Knockback protection (-1/4), OIHID (-1/4) (7)

Cat's Leaping- +4" leaping (10" across/ 5" upwards), x2 NCM, OIHID (-1/4) (3)

+20" leaping at 0 End cost(+1/2), only for absorbing falling damage (-1), (11) 0

OIHID(-1/4), Requires Acrobatics roll at -3 to roll (15 or less roll, -1/2)

Cat's Senses- +4 to all Perception Rolls, OIHID (-1/4) (8)

Targeting on senses of Hearing and Smell, OIHID (-1/4) (16)

Discriminatory, Analyze, and Tracking on sense of Smell, OIHID (-1/4) (12)

Nightvision, OIHID (-1/4) (4)

+8 vs. range penalties for senses of Hearing and Smell, OIHID (-1/4) (20)

Cat's Stamina- 1/2 End cost on Str 30, OIHID (-1/4) (6) 1

Cheetah's Speed- +2" running and 1/2 End cost on 8" running (4" half move/16" NCM) (38) 1/2

+13" Running and 1/2 End cost on 21" running (11" half move/ 42" NCM, for top un-pushed

run speed of 93 mph!), OIHID (-1/4)

Lion's Roar- +25 Pre, Does Knockback (+1/4), Costs End (-1/2), Only for Pre Attacks (-1), (10) 3

Incantations (-1/4), OIHID (-1/4) (10d6 Pre Attack that does knockback overall)

Tiger's Skin- 6 rPd/6 rEd Damage resistance, OIHID (-1/4) (5)

Perks/Talents:

Contact: Cat Spirit 15 or less (Extremely useful, contacts of own, friendly relationship) (12)

Perk:Passport

Reputation: The Great Cat 14 or less (Continent of Africa) +3/3d6 (9)

Wealth:Well Off (Between the trust fund left for him by his father through his mother, and (8)

his team stipend, he makes $800k per year and has been banking a good deal of it to finance

his trip to Africa to free the people of Dayana from his uncle's tyranical rule)

Skills:

Cat's Instincts- +3 skill levels for the nexxt three skills, OIHID (-1/4) (6)

Acrobatics 13/18 or less (3)

Breakfall 13/18 or less (3)

Stealth 13/18 or less (3)

Animal Handler (Felines) 14/18 or less (+4 to skill is OIHID, -1/4) (11)

AK: Africa 18 or less (racial memory/imparted from Cat Spirit) (7)

Cat Fighting Style (use Barehanded, use with claws) (32)

Block OCV+2 DCV+2 Block/Abort

Dodge OCV- DCV+5 Dodge all attacks/Abort

Eye Gouge OCV +0 DCV+0 6d6 sight group flash

Grab OCV-1 DCV-1 Grab 2 limbs, Str 50 (10d6) to hold

Pounce OCV+! DCV+0 Str +2d6+v/5 strike/FMOVE

Strike OCV+2 DCV+0 Str+4d6 strike

Tiger's Jaws OCV+0 DCV+0 Str+6d6 Crush, must follow grab

Trip/Throw OCV+0 DCV+1 Str+2d6+v/5, target falls

+2 damage classes (already added in) (8)Climbing 13/15 or less (3)

Combat Driving 13/15 or less (3)

Combat Piloting 13/15 or less (3)

Concealment 14 or less (3)

Conversation 14 or less (3)

KS: International Politics/Relations 14 or less (3)

KS: African History and Folklore 15 or less (4)

Oratory 15 or less (5)

Paramedics 14 or less (3)

PS: Super Hero 15 or less (4)

Shadowing 14 or less (3)

Sleight of Hand 13/15 or less (3)

Streetwise 14 or less (3)

Survival (Desert, Mountains, Temperate and Subtropical) 14 or less (6)

Tactics 14 or less (3)

Teamwork 13/15 or less (3)

Tracking 18 or less (based on Perception rolls), OIHID (-1/4) (2)

TF: Basic and Advanced Parachuting, Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Small and (4)

Large Planes

WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missle Weapons (4)

Combat Experience- 1 overall combat skill level (8)

3 hand to hand combat skill levels (15)

Chars: 119 + Powers/Perks/Talents/Skills: 536= 655 Points total

Disadvantages: 200+

Distinctive Features: Magical Aura(Champion of the Cat Spirit- Not concealble, magical (15)

senses or special tech, strong reaction)

DNPC: Mother (Normal with useful position/resources) 8 or less (5)

Hunted: Enemies of the Cat Spirit (MPow/NCI) 11 or less (limited to Africa) (20)

Hunted: Hydra (MPow/NCI) 8 or less (20)

Hunted: King M'Solana of Dayana (MPow/NCI) 8 or less (20)

Watched: IST/UNTIL/United Nations (MPow/NCI) 11 or less (15)

Relutance to Kill- will do so only in extreme self defense or save the lives of others (Com- (15)

mon/Strong)

Seeks to free the people of Dayana from the rule of his psychotic uncle King M'Solana (15)

but will not actually go to Africa to do so until he is sure that he is ready and can succeed,

as he understands what could happen to the people if he tries to free them and fails (Uncommon/

Strong)

Reputation: Champion of the Cat Spirit 11 or less (Extreme reactions in parts of Africa (10)

that are Muslim or worship the Egyptian gods)

Secret Identity (David M'Tula Robertson) (15)

Experience earned (305)

Re: Great Cat

This limitation is already part of OIHID:

and the form takes one full phase to assume, powers are not limited in any way once form assumed (-1/4)

from 5er page 302,

OIHID -(2nd paragraph)

For this Limitation to be valid, the character must have some difficulty changing forms — the change must take at least a Full Phase, if not longer (during which the character can do nothing else), and/or there must be other difficulties or ways to prevent him from changing identities.

I gotta agree he is skill heavy in ways that don't exactly help him and do not look in concept (all of those TFs for example) and Slight of Hand.

Perhaps instead of spending AS much as you want on a character you could pare him down to lean fighting strength and shift "some" of those points into things like more STR, one more point of SPD, and Combat Luck-like Damage Reduction (there is a power written up for one that requires a skill roll and you can't use it while surprised, etc.

You might get a stronger character on fewer points, I think a 350-400 pointer is possible.

Hyper-Man, thank you for the info on OIHID, i had honestly not read the description fully in a while, I'll have to make some point adjustments to the character due to removing the time delay on form change.

In terms of the TF and Combat Driving/Piloting skills- these are among some of the skills that the character has learned from Testament teammates to prepare him for his ultimate goal- dethroning his uncle. To get into Dayana undetected he is going to need to need to think outside the box, as his uncle has already planned for the battle to come and has taken care to make sure that stan.dard methods of entry into the country will not work. Right now, Great Cat and Grey Hood are planning a stealth entry into the county utilizing a prototype radar invisible drop ship and LALO insertion by parachute. To accomplish this, he had to learn some sills that would normally seem out of character for this type of hero.

As far as the Sleight of Hand, I had a reason for adding it but cannot remember at this moment what it was. :think:

While I undersand a desire to make a character as comabt effective as possible, that is not my desire here- these are "flavor" NPCs and have stories and lives outside of combat so I have been building them to reflect the story concepts and ideas that I have for them They are not intended for direct PC use (at least not at the moment).

of course, I am a plumber too, it is just that 600+ points is an awful lot of character development. Remember you have everyman skills, and in a superheroic game not everyone has 100+ points of skills. 35 or so plus MA if needed is generally considered more than enough. After all, not every member of Testament is going to fly the team vehicle, so not every character should be able to. All modern forces diversify because it makes them more effective.

But, just so you know...Foxbat would clean his clock.

of course, I am a plumber too, it is just that 600+ points is an awful lot of character development. Remember you have everyman skills, and in a superheroic game not everyone has 100+ points of skills. 35 or so plus MA if needed is generally considered more than enough. After all, not every member of Testament is going to fly the team vehicle, so not every character should be able to. All modern forces diversify because it makes them more effective.

But, just so you know...Foxbat would clean his clock.

I don't know, I've always found it funny when characters are written to be these scientists or politicians, or writers (etc) but have nonw of the requisite skills of those professions... but that's just me.

Also, if really necessary, the use of the Minor Blessings VPP could even the playing field some for him if he really needs the assistance in combat.

Don't worry though, there are some definite powerhouses on the team- I've just finished refitting my old SAS character Dr. Zeus and I think he's pretty dangerous myself, although as I've said I don't really build for maximized combat effectiveness.