If not for this Suit...I would destroy the world

TheDux

Crude background story.

Dr. Atom - A physicist and geneticist working hard to make his name, Dr. Richard Rheads known world wide. During his college years he began to theorize about the atom being a catalyst in unlocking latent human potential.

After graduation he received a military grant to "create a better soldier", but he would be restricted on he research and experiments. Ethical and safety restrictions he was quick to disobey.

With time running out and the government tired of tuning a blind eyes to his disregard for regulation, Dr. Rheads chose to conduct a final "all or nothing" experiment on himself. Having the Sustainment Suit sealed around his body he began the procedure. His staff was excited about the results at first, but as the experiment neared completion the excitement turned to fear.

The alarms began to warn about a possible breach in the Sustainment Suit. Soon the evacuation alarm sounded. The advanced mechanics of Dr. Rheads's suit tried to repair the breach, but it was futile. A nuclear blast, centered around the underground lab, left a five story deep crater in the Arizona desert.

Every life at the Military base was lost, except for one. The suit had sealed the small imperfection and saved Dr. Rheads's life. But it would be a life that many would not want to live. A life of guilt, a life as a monster in a suit.

He had theorized about two polar opposite results of the procedure, and in some ways both had been true. He is the foremost of human potential, able to lift 100 tons, move at speeds that leave him a blur. But this has come coupled with a significant drawback. Inside his suit, his own body, is a force strong enough to destroy a planet the size of Earth. His Sustainment Suit no longer serves its original purpose. Now it Contains the force and if anything were to pierce through the suit, Earth would be doomed.

Ok, so here is the idea. The man has basically been transformed into a nuclear blast with a conscience mind trapped within a suit. He is the pinnacle of human strength and speed (beat Hulk in an arm wrestling match same day he beat Flash in a foot race....exageration but you get the idea). But if anything were to happen to his suit that would cause his nuclear form to be released it would cause a blast large enough to shatter the earth. Think Dr. Manhattan but spontaneously combusts if not in a special suit. Give or take.

Now i need to find a very cheap way to build a power that will destroy the earth along with the suit and the suits ability to try and repair itself.

Armageddon Blast - Energy Blast or Transform?

Advantages: Megascale, Explosion, Trigger (?)

Limitations: 1 charge, Impossible To Recharge, Kills User,Extra Time (turn), Gradual Effect (?), NCC(?), No Range

-I guess I could put this into a multipower along with other "Nuclear Blast" attacks, but how would you build this? I need to blow up a planet as cheap as possible.

Containment Suit - Armor

Limitations: OIF, Real Armor

-Now I need a way to link a "tear" in the armor to Armageddon Blast. Ideas?

Self Repairing Suit - Healing/Aid/Transform/Something Else?

Advantage: Trigger, Uncontrolled

Limitations: No END, Only to repair "tears" in Suit

-At a loss here.

So ideas? Thanks in advance...depending on a call I make now I might not be bothering you guys for a week or so...or I might be free to bug you tomorrow. Thanks again.

Re: If not for this Suit...I would destroy the world

Is the character aware of the danger? If so, why is he willing to put the world in such peril by doing anything that could damage the suit?

And does anyone else know of this danger? If so, wouldn't they try to stop him from doing anything that could damage the suit.

And really, Dr. Richard Rheads? Just a tad too silly if you ask me.

Is the character aware of the danger? If so, why is he willing to put the world in such peril by doing anything that could damage the suit?

And does anyone else know of this danger? If so, wouldn't they try to stop him from doing anything that could damage the suit.

And really, Dr. Richard Rheads? Just a tad too silly if you ask me.

Some quick notes:

1) GMs quote: "Ok guys, new campaign in 3 weeks! Superheroic (details at the end) with some special rules. Here is the big twist. I need you to build 3 characters each with of causing major destruction, putting allies in danager, etc. I will pick which drawbacks I like from each players 3 characters and approve them based mostly on that."

Based on that I am assuming that the GM wants something earth shattering or to cause major problems FROM the heroes.

This is part 2 of a three part story (each part about a 3 month campaign), the last one ended with a climactic fight where one of my allies transforming everyone in the immediate area (New York City) into stone. Very much a last resort effort 1 "second" before the bomb was armed and the baddie hit the launch button and sent the planet spiraling into a world war.

2) Something I forgot to mention: The blast has the potential to destroy earth, not just "oh no, boom, gone". Basically it will spread from his point and other heroes, governments, etc will have a means of containing the blast (ie: energy field similar to the suit).

3) Yeah names and concepts are going to change. I hadn't taken the time to come up with his real name nor his heroic alias so I went corny and/or pun worthy. I saw his personality as an Anti-Reed Richards but gained powers under similar circumstances (for the good of man/science, miscalculation/accident).

4) If something were to happen and there be another breach in the suit, it would repair itself (hopefully) before the energy blast, which would take place 1 turn after the tear occurred. Once I have this power fleshed out I am going to work on a system for energy to be released every phase that it is not repaired, for less damage.

5) The suit is very durable and has a self repair function. So a dagger thrust, snagging it on a tree branch, etc won't cause it. This is meant to be a VERY rare thing that could be used as a last resort. In our last campaign we lost a very expensive ship, out of the four players three had to make new characters after others either died, lost powers, or otherwise became useless.

Phone Call from GM: Keep it simple Stupid.

And from that...

OK, Armageddon Blast will be a Physical Disadvantage.

While I was thinking of the suit as an OIF, in reality it is effectively his own skin. So I have chosen to buy up his BODY, add some Armor, Damage Reduction/Resistance/what-have-you. And then add a Regeneration effect. And while he is going to be played as a speedster brick (taking full advantage of the GM 9 SPD cap),

Now the Physical Limitation works as such:

When Dr. Hadron (new name for the time being) has lost 80% of his BODY, a tear forms in his suit and releases energy. This first manifests as a Continuous EB Cone AoE in the direction of the attack that caused the BODY loss. It will not end until the tear has been repaired. If the tear is not repaired after 1 turn then a nuclear wave powerful enough to destroy a planet the size of Earth will begin to spread from his body. It will take 1 day for the wave to cover the planet/travel the equivalent distance on a flat plane.

From there the GM is building the actual blast so that other heroes might be able to stop it with Force Fields/Drain/Etc.

Now I will build a the Continuous Cone EB and call it a day.

Hero or villain?

Shredding the suit doesn't necessarily end the campaign - it depends if he is on the campaign world when it happens. I'd start building a rocket....:D

Ok triple post...but...sue me

The entire story involves a large section of our universe. So one planet being blown up (at worse), only means that the rest of the story takes place somewhere other than earth to complete the entire objective of several campaigns.

Also the majority of earth has a good evacuation plan and enough ships to transport humans to the Moon and Mars colonies + friendly aliens from other solar systems can help out.