Help with Transform

matrix3

I'm toying with a "force of nature" NPC while plotting a potential campaign. I want someone who is essentially an avatar of primal chaos. One of the powers I want is an area of effect, always on transform, to give phys-lims or psych-lims. A couple questions for assembled hero-dom.

First, would you object to facing an enemy that could give you Phys-Lims or Psych-Lims just by proximity?

Second, could people make suggestions on balance? I want this to be a threat, not game breaking. Since this is for a future campaign, I don't know what sort of Power Defense people would be taking, but my players usually take 5 - 10 points, rarely hardened.

Re: Help with Transform

It would be interesting to deal with in game.

As long as the effect wore off after time (i.e. Healing like most Transforms have happen) and it didn't dictate character actions so much as colored their view. (i.e. don't treat it like a long term Mind Control.)

I was thinking of making it two powers, one uncontrolled, AoE, always on Mental Transform, that inflicts PsychLims but heals back quickly (REC per week or per day instead of per month), and one that is an active attack that inflicts PhysLims and heals back normally. I think both will have the partial transform advantage.

For PsychLims, I am looking making a list of example phobias of various strengths, and would probably magnify an existing Limitation half the time, and the other half I would consult my list randomly.

For the PhysLims, I am just going to make up a list of random ailments, and use that. For example, the avatar hits a PC a couple times, and his legs end up fused together [unable To Walk (Frequently, Fully Impairing):20 Points.] Or, the PC's forehead sags down covering his eyes, and melds with his cheeks [blindness (All The Time, Fully Impairing): 25 Points.]