disad book or HD pack

secretID

This just came up - not for the first time - in a thread. I'd love to see a book of disads. Ideally, they would be organized both by disad "type" ("Sensory Problems," "Secrets," "Minor Interaction Quirks") and by character type (Robot, Military, Anachronism, etc.).

For my purposes, it wouldn't have to be a full book, e.g. "The Ultimate Disad." Just a bunch of builds, well organized, would be great.

Re: disad book or HD pack

Thanks. I have those (in a handy Word doc, actually). I'd love to have it or something like it organized as I mentioned. I started doing it myself a while back, but it's a bear, and I'm lazy. Some categories (not nearly complete) I was using:

Alien, etc./major physiology differences

Monster, etc.

Robot, etc.

Unusual human

Finances

Anger and aggression

Heritage

Common minor medical

Sensory

Cognitive disabilities

Fame

Overconfidence

Minor physiological differences

Note that the first few are types of characters, and the others are types of disabilities. Lots of things would fit into more than one category, of course. This kind of organization would appeal to me much more than an organization based on the type of disad in rules terms (Psych Disad, Social Disad, etc.).

• 3 years later...

Re: disad book or HD pack

I also thought of such an idea but it could include a bunch of villain who are fear based. I saw a wonderful episode of "Faceoff" the makeup series that included phobias and characters based on them. I would also like to see codes of conduct, and other things handled in more detail. I think that a simple players handbook would be nice instead of a full blown Ultimate book. I would also like to see some articles on psychological play or gaming to play the dark side of things with serial killers, profiling and investigating.