Regeneration, requires local materials

matrix3

I want to make an NPC that can regenerate rapidly, but uses surrounding materials to rebuild his body. I was going to partner the regen with a VPP that can mimic properties of the materials acquired from the environment, but I'm stuck on ideas now. Extra PD/ED, and maybe +xD6 HA, for using metal or hard wood or somesuch, but what other little powers would you get for incorporating surrounding materials while regenerating?

Re: Regeneration, requires local materials

:think:

Certain materials will have susceptibilities and/or vulnerabilities as well as increased (specialized) defenses.

Mechanics possibilities:

Density Increase

Damage Reduction

Knockback Resistance

Lack of Weakness

Stretching?

FX thoughts:

Conductivity

Camouflage

Shiny (light reflection/deflection?)

:think:

Certain materials will have susceptibilities and/or vulnerabilities as well as increased (specialized) defenses.

Mechanics possibilities:

Density Increase

Damage Reduction

Knockback Resistance

Lack of Weakness

Stretching?

FX thoughts:

Conductivity

Camouflage

Shiny (light reflection/deflection?)

Some good ideas, thanks! Camouflage is great, since the acquisition of surrounding materials would mean he looks like the surrounding materials.

Density Increase is a good one, too. KB would be rolled into the DI, I think. Maybe Stretching, if there is likely material around (maybe he gets an arm chopped off at the Acme Rubber factory...I'll be sure to include the "Regrow Limbs" adder :) ) Maybe lack of weakness, if enough skin had been replaced by metal or something. The conductivity and Shiny-ness I think would be modeled by ED...

Shards of glass/jagged metal: HKA or a HKA Damage Sheild?

Really heavy dense material: Density increase?

Toxic substances might give him deadly aura or touch, same for Radioactive

Ooo...I hadn't thought about damage shields. If he regenerates in an area with toxic/radioactive substances, he wouldn't be able to go near his teammates until he gouged out the substances later in a place where he would regen with more acceptable substances...

I want to make an NPC that can regenerate rapidly' date=' but uses surrounding materials to rebuild his body. I was going to partner the regen with a VPP that can mimic properties of the materials acquired from the environment, but I'm stuck on ideas now. Extra PD/ED, and maybe +xD6 HA, for using metal or hard wood or somesuch, but what other little powers would you get for incorporating surrounding materials while regenerating?[/quote']

I posted a char named The Goat, that had a eat'em up and use it power set...it might have a few ideas in it....

I posted a char named The Goat' date=' that had a eat'em up and use it power set...it might have a few ideas in it....[/quote']

do you have a link?

EDIT:never mind

some cool ideas, thanks! I'm not going to have it actually destroy anything specific, just a SFX of generic "affects environment" so that it is obvious he was here regenerating. I'm not looking to have him destroy or incorporate someone's foci or armor...

do you have a link?

EDIT:never mind

some cool ideas, thanks! I'm not going to have it actually destroy anything specific, just a SFX of generic "affects environment" so that it is obvious he was here regenerating. I'm not looking to have him destroy or incorporate someone's foci or armor...

Cool, I just built him that way becuse I could (not because you Should...)

I figure a SE: Environmental damage thang is kinda needed given the sfx...I have Keven from Ben 10 in mind when building "Goat Boy"...:)