INT & PRE Skill Levels

Dust Raven

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

Let me just weigh in briefly on BOECV compared to Ego Attack: I've always considered it valid to weigh how an Advantage is going to interact with other Advantages when determining how much it should cost. Yes, Ego Attack would give several benefits over an EB BOECV of the same Damage Class; but every Power Advantage you take on the BOECV attack subsequently (Reduced END, AoE, Does Body, etc.) is going to cost half as much as it would if applied to Ego Attack.

It may not balance perfectly, but for me it's close enough. :)

The "advantages on advantages" issue is a real one. It iompacts a lot of powers - for example, if Telekinesis were costed as not having "indirect" inherently, it would reasonably cost 1x STR, not 1.5x STR. Someone choosing to make it Indirect would have an advantage buying other advantages for it, and it would be consistent with other "attack powers" in costing 5 points per 1d6.

Originally posted by prestidigitator

I wish I had the book in front of me. Wouldn't a BOECV EB do Body?

Afraid not. You'd have to buy a +1 "Does Body" Advantage for it for that. Still, as I indicated above, an 6d6 EB BOECV, Does Body will cost 90 Active Points, while a 6d6 Ego Attack, Does Body will cost 120.

BOECV attacks are also automatically Visible, don't grant Mental Awareness for free, and may not affect Desolidified characters depending on the SFX of the Power.