In the news!

BobGreenwade

Re: In the news!

I just came across this AP story on iwon.com. Other than the lack of any mention of the existing Champions Universe or the face-to-face game' date=' it's quite good press![/quote']

I came across a version of the story that does mention Champions as a pen-and-paper game and mentions Champions IP characters. Quite good.

I'm getting more excited for 6E and Champions Online

Other than the lack of any mention of the existing Champions Universe or the face-to-face game' date=' it's quite good press![/quote']

What, "a pen and paper roleplaying game published in 1981" doesn't suggest that there might be some history to the setting? Of course, from that wording you might think that Champions has been out of print since 1981, but...

• 2 weeks later...

I think we may want to get used to the idea that most of the folks that will be playing Champions Online will not have gotten there via the Pen & Paper game.

Those of us that actually know the difference between Solitare & Witchcraft are going to be in the *vast* minority. Us Pen & Paper hero gamers are going to be a numerical sideline in the vast sea of Champions players.