Any new info on the X-Box 360 release date and if subscription is required for that?

Psistrike

Seriously, because it is going to cost as much as an X-Box 360 at this point for me to upgrade my computer to meet the game specs. And would love to know if the X-Box 360 version will require subscription payment per month or could benefit from the lifetime subscription if it does.

Re: Any new info on the X-Box 360 release date and if subscription is required for th

Seriously' date=' because it is going to cost as much as an X-Box 360 at this point for me to upgrade my computer to meet the game specs. And would love to know if the X-Box 360 version will require subscription payment per month or could benefit from the lifetime subscription if it does.[/quote']

I am sure that the 360 version will use the same account name/password system as the PC version does. In that case, you'll still be spending the same amount save that of your X-Box Live(XBL) payments though I've read that you will only need a free XBL Silver account to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Any new info on the X-Box 360 release date and if subscription is required for th

Seriously' date=' because it is going to cost as much as an X-Box 360 at this point for me to upgrade my computer to meet the game specs. And would love to know if the X-Box 360 version will require subscription payment per month or could benefit from the lifetime subscription if it does.[/quote']

no release date for the XBox has been released yet. probably will have to pay a monthly fee.

Microsoft is getting really twitchy with Cryptic on the 360 version. I got the impression that it's far from a done deal, and MS is demanding changes for legal & business reasons. PC & 360 users will not be able to share servers, for example.

We got to chat with a few devs while at Gen Con and the XBox situation came up. This is just from talking to a single person at the Atari booth and I have no other corroboration , so take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, Microsoft is very picky when it comes to their console and XBox Live stuff.

To implement CO on XBox they will need to build a completely separate server farm because of Microsoft requirements.

XBox version will not be available until November/December at the earliest. More likely 6+ months out.

XBox version will require a separate subscription fee in addition to your PC subscription. Although if you have both you will get a discount. Amont of said discount was not mentioned.

XBox and PC servers will be separate. So characters on XBox will not be able to interact with PC based characters. You will probably be able to transfer characters between XBox and PC. No mention of if this would be free of fee based.

None of this is 'official' so as I said take this all with a grain of salt. Is does sound about right knowing the kind of hoops Microsoft makes people go through to get on the XBox.

We got to chat with a few devs at Gen Con and the XBox did come up. The following is based on the statements of a single 'dev' at the Atari booth. So don't take it as official, but is does sound about right considering the hoops Microsoft can make developers go through to get on the XBox.

Microsoft is very particular about how things are done on/for Xbox and Live.

Whenever the current code is compiled both a PC and XBox version are generated.

The XBox version of CO will require a completely separate server farm from the PC version. This server farm does not exist today. This will cost a big chunk of money.

The soonest an XBox version will go live would be November/December. More like 6+ months after PC release.

XBox will require a separate subscription fee from the PC. Most likely at a discount if you have a subscription for both. No mention of how much said discount might be.

XBox and PC characters will not be able to interact. They will be on completely different servers. It was mentioned that you will be able to transfer characters between XBox and PC. No mention of if this would be free or cost.

It will never happen...Microsoft wants their hands in too much of the decision making, and money made. Never...happen. I've even heard that some developers are seriously considering jumping ship to the PS3, if they are truly serious about console MMO's. Sony has put the word out that they are very receptive...

But that last part is mostly rumor...probably attributed to the fact that Sony is making DC Universe Online, and MAG.

Microsoft has to control online access to the X-Box for security reasons, when you combine that with the technical challenges of an MMO in a low RAM environment and you have a lot to overcome. But it is still possible, it will just lag (no pun intended) behind the PC version as far as release dates go. I think it would be great to see.