chaos

ayinde

Chaos (adjustment/attack, duration instant, line of sight, cost end)

idea: character has the power to make his opponents power work in strange ways

mechanic: roll to hit on success roll xd6 active points are added to the opponents (must make immediate control roll lose control of power) power either raw extra power or an advantage. plus the attacker adds hindrances of the same amount rolled (round up)

example of use capt speed is attacked by jinxy the hex girl. She has this power at 4d6 and roles a 12 these points are added to the capt's run ability raising it from 30 to 36 in return jinxy can now add a ¼ hindrance to this ability that will last till the bonus points fade completely in this case she added concentration to the power. Not to mention what happens if he loses control of his powers (which in this case involves a brick wall)

with the capt out cold she moves to lord of the flame she hits for 20 pts this time and that adds 2d6 to his 4d6 fire blast energy blast making an 6d6 radius attack she gets to add a whole -1 hindrance to his attack in this case she chose no range and extra end

now my question how would you cost this power (im guessing around 10 to 15 points per 1d6) and do you see any changes that should be made to make it work more instep with the game also douse this power already exist and I just over looked it

Re: chaos

I think this may be difficult to administer on the fly, and tend to use the same schticks again and again. I might struggle, for instance, to apply it to many defensive powers, or fixed cost powers, like Life Support or Desolid.

My preferred approach here would be to use a form of Luck, limited to only being in respect of opponent's powers.

You also mention a 'control roll' - where does that come from?

Transform allows you to add Disadvantages to someone' date=' correct? Why not Power Limitations as well?[/quote']

Transform is a blunt tool: you'd need to affect the whole target (2xBody) which would take several applications and probably be not worth it.

You need something snappier.

Another option, of course, assuming that you are going to generally be causing an opponent's powers to go wrong in a way that hurts them, moves them, or deprives them of protection is build a MP with a variable effect EB, UAA Flight and a nice beefy dispel or suppress, and call it 'chaos' :)

hey Sean thanks for your time.

the control idea comes from a note in the ult. speed book that said an uncontrolled increase of speed required a control roll. to periphrasis

(my gaming group applies a control roll when any power is altered logic is your power is now a new power but you have experience in the power type so you just need to get use to it example changing from a low caliber gun so a high caliber weapon would take getting use to.)

do you think this build would work for a champions game

Chaos Multipower, 20-point reserve, all slots any power one at a time (+1/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (45 Active Points); all slots No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Side Effects (gain a control roll; -1/4)

Drain BODY 1d6, Can Apply (Remove) Adders (+1) (20 Active Points);

Aid 1d6, Can Apply (Remove) Adders (+1) (20 Active Points);

Transform with Partial Effects seems workable. Define the maximum change possible (double power with -1 in Limitations, perhaps) and the levels of partial change.

The bigger problem is the need to define the effects on the fly, which makes the character a pain to run or GM.