Top 10 Notorious American Biker Gangs

Susano

When some people think of bikers they most often think of the stereotypical of dirty, leather clad men with shaggy beards covered in road dust riding around the country wreaking havoc and getting into barroom brawls. The truth is that most bikers are not rowdy trouble-makers and are in fact honest, law-abiding, hard working people.

However, there are small numbers of bikers who refer to themselves as “1%ers”. “One percenter” motorcycle gangs have been given this label because it is purported within motorcycle club circles that 99% of all bikers live within the boundaries of the law. Then there is the other 1% who rejects main-stream norms and live outside of the law, often engaging in highly criminal activity. This list takes a look at 10 American “1%er” biker gangs and highlights some of each gang’s alleged criminal activity.

It is important to note that although some of the members of these motorcycle clubs/gangs have been arrested, tried and convicted of various crimes not every member of the following clubs engage in criminal acts.

http://listverse.com/2009/08/18/top-10-notorious-american-biker-gangs/

Re: Top 10 Notorious American Biker Gangs

The Gangland series on History channel has some episodes about these motorcycle gangs if you want more information. I find the series useful for any sort of modern campaign. In the superhero campaign I'm in, my martial artist character has the Instant Change power. He went into a Pagan bar with Warlock colors to spark a gang war. In the DC campaign I run, I used the information about gangs I learned to add a dimension of realism to the different criminal groups.