Toxic

MaximaPain

So here's the latest character I've been working on. The concept is a young doctor who is a prodigy in the field of toxins, poisons, and serums. She uses said serums in an injector claw to inflict various negative effects on her opponents. She also uses fear as a weapon, wearing a costume specifically made to scare her targets.

I basically wanted to make a character who has as few "traditional" attacks as possible, while still remaining an effective combatant. Tell me what you think, please :D

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

23 DEX 39

15 CON 10

12 BODY 4

23 INT 13

17 EGO 14

15 PRE 5

10 COM 0

10/25 PD

10/25 ED 7

5 SPD 17

6 REC 0

40 END 5

30 STUN 2

8" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

13" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 128

Cost Power

17 Jump Assist System: Leaping +10" (13" forward, 6 1/2" upward) (Accurate), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (23 Active Points); IIF (-1/4)

7 Syringe Claw: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 point, Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (10 Active Points); No STR Bonus (-1/2)

34 Toxins: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Syringe Claw must do BODY; -1/2), Linked (Syringe Claw; -1/4)

3u 1) Anesthesia: Drain STUN 4d6, 4 clips of 8 Charges (+0), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Syringe Claw must do BODY; -1/2), Linked (Syringe Claw; -1/4)

4u 2) Fear Inducing Toxin: Drain EGO 2d6 PLUS Drain PRE 2d6, 4 clips of 8 Charges (+0), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Syringe Claw must do BODY; -1/2), Linked (Syringe Claw; -1/4)

3u 3) Muscle Relaxant: Drain STR 4d6, 4 clips of 8 Charges (+0), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Syringe Claw must do BODY; -1/2), Linked (Syringe Claw; -1/4)

3u 4) Sight Suppressant: Sight Group Flash 12d6, 4 clips of 8 Charges (+0) (60 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Syringe Claw must do BODY; -1/2), Linked (Syringe Claw; -1/4)

2u 5) Synapse Blocker: Entangle 2d6, 2 DEF, 4 clips of 8 Charges (+0), Takes No Damage From Physical Attacks Limited Group (+1/4), Works Against EGO, Not STR (+1/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (50 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Syringe Claw must do BODY; -1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Linked (Syringe Claw; -1/4)

9 Spectral Guise: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only to cause fear; -1), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

6 Ghostly Countenance: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)

9 Reliable Injection System: +3 with Syringe Claw Toxins

12 Running +2" (8" total), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (12 Active Points)

30 Reinforced Fiber Weave: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 139

Cost Skill

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Concealment 14-

3 Criminology 14-

3 Deduction 14-

3 Interrogation 16-

3 Inventor 14-

3 Lockpicking 14-

3 Paramedics 14-

3 Poisoning 14-

3 Security Systems 14-

3 Shadowing 14-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 16-

Skills Cost: 42

Cost Perk

1 Fringe Benefit: License to practice a profession

Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 310

Disadvantages are still up in the air as of this post, and any ideas in that area would be appreciated as well.

Re: Toxic

I think she's awesome.

I do wonder about the Ghostly Countenance. I assumed it would be a costume. But the power description makes it seem like a spell of some sort.

Also she could probably do with Profession Skill: Doctor (or Research Scientist or whatever her day job is.) And maybe Chemistry and Bio Chemistry and such. And the Scientist, er, skill enhancer (?or is it a perk?)

ANd, just a thought, how about LS: Immunity to Toxins bought as antivenin that she can inject herself with. So not a constant Life Support. Something like focus, with charges and some sort of limited duration. Mmm, maybe easier to buy as an Aid only offset the effects of poison. You could easily put it in the Multipower.

Ghostly Countenance is actually supposed to be like... An active attempt to be scary, whereas her costume is represented by Spectral Guise. The gestures are anything that makes her look more intimidating, and there's an activation roll because she has to make an effort to be scary.

The antivenom is a great idea. I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion! ^^

Her day job is supposed to be a toxicologist, which is represented by the Poisoning and Paramedics skill, as well as the fringe benefit Doctor. But I do agree with you. I feel like she needs a few more skills to represent her expertise.

Thanks for your feedback :D

I personally love this character, and it can work quite well in my campaign as a hired merc for IHA. (Note, Toxic will not know that IHA is a front for Genocide. Yet.) She'd basically be working to better understand the mutant gene, and thinks that the IHA is a beneficial organization.

You wouldn't happen to have the hero designer file wouldjya? :-D I'll be your best friend!

You wouldn't happen to have the hero designer file wouldjya? :-D I'll be your best friend!

I actually do have the hero designer file. Although I think there might be a few slight differences between it and what I posted here, mostly from my incessant character tweaking. And I've left the disadvantages blank, but that doesn't really sound like a big deal for ya, since you've got your own ideas for her.