Power Themes

Michael Hopcroft

For one of my odder writeups for this board, I wrote up a character whose power set included two unique themes which I wrote as Elemental Controls. You can find him in the early part of the Seemingly Silly Things thread (which can always use more seemingly silly things to model in Hero).

The themes were "Santa Claus Powers" (powers related to being Santa Claus) and something else that related to protecting a particular NPC. Now looking back these seem quite dodgy as Elemental Controls, and even dodgier as Unified Power constructs. So it looks like each power will have th be developed independently at full cost.

Not that this isn;t one of those cases where I'm not counting points (I very rarely worry about that with modeled characters), but I'd still like some way to show that these are themed powers, if only to make the writeup a little clearer.

Any suggestions?

Re: Power Themes

Even without Hero Designer you can make it a list.

Just write "Santa Claus Powers" and then put them all in a group one after the other, and leave a space before adding another list or other powers.

You can also tie them together with flavor text. Give them names like "Santa's Toybag" "He sees you when you're sleeping" "Up the chimney he rose" etc.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Powers