Will there be a 6E Galactic Champions book?

SvZurich

Hoping to see a 6th Edition Galactic Champions book in the fairly near future. Not sure if Cryptic's plans will interfere, but I loved the 5E book and would love to see more. I am a Legion of Superheroes fan and GC was right up my alley. I especially love how Star Hero is in continuity with it thanks to the unified timeline.

So please have someone write this masterpiece for me! :D I'll beg if I have to. Defender 3000's continuing exploits must be written so that I may help fight the Nibu Gemani and Arcane. :)

Re: Will there be a 6E Galactic Champions book?

I sympathize with your position -- I'm quite fond of GC myself. :) While I can't speak for Hero Games or Cryptic Studios, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope that you'll see a 6E version of it any time soon, if at all. Darren Watts has remarked here on the forums that the original GC sold fairly well, but not enough to encourage the company to write more for that setting. Not all the old sourcebooks are going to be updated to 6E or Cryptic's version of the Champions Universe, and in any case there are a lot of books ahead of it in the queue to get the 6E treatment.

OTOH Champions Beyond, extensively detailing the extraterrestrial Hero Universe of the present day, is currently on the publishing schedule for next year. That may help sate your desire for galaxy-spanning Champions goodness. :)

I still think they could combine a Galactic Federation and Galactic Champs setting book into one work. The first half of the book would be the GalFed sourcebook, and the second half would cover the GalFed once the supers "come back". There's 300 years before they return, so I think you could set up a neat separation in a product that was still fairly integrated.

I still think they could combine a Galactic Federation and Galactic Champs setting book into one work. The first half of the book would be the GalFed sourcebook' date=' and the second half would cover the GalFed once the supers "come back". There's 300 years before they return, so I think you could set up a neat separation in a product that was still fairly integrated.[/quote']

The concern the company has about that, of course, is that the Star HERO book line was consistently among Hero's poorest sellers (aside from the genre book which reportedly did very well). The risk would be that not enough people would pick up such a book for the GalFed information, while it would have too much stuff that Champs players wouldn't be interested in.

Don't get me wrong, I personally like the idea and would probably buy it; but I understand why Steve and Darren have expressed reluctance to commit time and money to a project whose sales prospects don't look promising.

I'd buy it if GC info was in it. However' date=' I admit I own Star Hero but not the supplement books for it. The campaigns didn't interest me enough (already have Traveller: TNE and 2300AD which are similar).[/quote']

Well, the GalFed setting would be more Trekish, I'm assuming, which would tend to be different from most versions of Traveller I've seen.