Adapting package to 6e

IKerensky

Re: Adapting package to 6e

I got that.. I'm just not sure if there's a specific reference here or not...

So I suppose - in a very general sense you could interpret any Template with +3DEX as either

+3 DEX

+3 DEX +1 OCV +1 DCV

+1 OCV +1 DCV

+3 DEX +1 OCV

+3 DEX +1 DCV

+1 OCV

+1 DCV

depending on the overall intent of the Template, or thoughts behind it.

Sorry I was no RBH when posting.

I was refering to all the Law-Enforcement, Spy, Military Carreer package/template.

I check the translation rules from 5th to 6th edition but there is no set thing (just like everything in HERO it seems...).

Sometimes you can wonder why, with so many pages in all thoses rulebooks things aren't a lot more set in stones...

Things aren't set in stone because HERO is a toolkit and leaves a lot up to the GM decide, since it's his world. So you need to decide if you want to include +1 OCV/DCV for every +3 DEX you see in a 5E Package Deal/Template. If I was doing a direct conversion from 5E to 6E, I'd say "yes" as I feel anything you received in 5E you should get (for the most part) in 6E. I did this for Kazei 5, when I migrated various builds over. If you're not, you can start from scratch and decide which works best for you. In most cases, I'd say that DEX include is DEX only... it makes the character able to react a little quicker, but doesn't mean they are automatically more accurate or more able to avoid attack (now for the Fantasy Hero Templates...).

Go with what works for you, if you're the GM, or ask your GM. There's no wrong way to do it.

Sorry I was no RBH when posting.

I was refering to all the Law-Enforcement, Spy, Military Carreer package/template.

I check the translation rules from 5th to 6th edition but there is no set thing (just like everything in HERO it seems...).

Sometimes you can wonder why, with so many pages in all thoses rulebooks things aren't a lot more set in stones...

Because Hero doesn't try and tell you how to play your game.