CyberHero? And other questions related...

counterveil

Hey all, anyone hear anything about Cyber Hero being released? This was one of my favorite genre books ever put out...yeah, it wasn't that complete and was the only one released, but it was still cool. I saw that this was 'tentative' on their list of products...but I'm really looking forward to a release of this for 5th Ed.

On a related topic, I'd love to have a website to post Cyber Hero characters, gear, cyberware, etc. that I have created myself. Additionally, there may be some related house rules associated with them. Is this going to break any kind of copyright rule? I'd like to make sure that I'm not violating this kind of thing if I start posting stats, rules, etc.

Finally, on a similar note, I've done a quick search of the forums and can't find much related to Cyber Hero (although the Shadowrun thread was really nice). Anyone have any good links or info for those of you that _are_ running Cyber Hero campaigns?

Thanks in advance,

- counterveil

Rather than ask "anyone," you're free to ask us direct if you like. ;)

We definitely want to do another Cyber Hero, but it's not tops on the list of (sub)genres to cover. The earliest you could expect it would be 2006, and 2007 might be more likely. But it's hard to predict out that far; you never know what might happen to move it up in the schedule, or push it back.

In the meantime, Star Hero has a generous helping of Cyberpunk information and tech (since I knew CH was a ways off), and next year's Dark Champions will cover the gun-totin' action angle pretty darn well, so you'll have enough tools at your fingertips to get started on your own. ;)

You're welcome to post your own characters and creations on the web; we love to see that kinda thing! What we don't want you to do is copy materials out of our books and post them, or post rewritten versions of our work. Check out the "Policies" page for more info.

Steve, many thanks for replying! I do appreciate the attention you give to these boards.

I must admit, I was a little disappointed to hear that CH wouldn't be released until 2006/2007; I suppose I can use my 4th Ed. version until then, so I will wait very patiently for the next version.

I'm headed over to the Policies section to check stuff out there. Keep up the great work! It's so good to see HERO stuff being released again, and being here in SF it's good to see my FLGS (Gamescape) get product first ;)

(did that answer your question, Nightshade?)

Oh man, I better post more! I just realized I'm an Incompetent Normal!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by counterveil

Kazei 5 is great! I bought it online, started reading...hooked.

Tons of great campaign ideas, how-to-builds, and more. What a great deal :)

*feverishly begins working on campaign material....*

If you have any questions, just drop me a line. :D

Thanks Susano, I appreciate it very much! Right now I'm busy building all of your stuff into Hero Designer so that I can build PCs and NPCs quicker.

I may have some questions on exactly what ads / lims were built into weapons, but right now it looks pretty clear cut.

Congrats again on a great sourcebook! I've got 5 players lined up right now for a Cyberpunk game set in a modified Kazei 5 universe (no psychics), and we'll be playing a very fun 50-pt low-powered campaign. If you know of anyone in the SF Bay Area that's looking for a game, do let me know :)

The website for the Kazei 5 PBEM has some additional data and such that I've been developing. What I'd like to do is expand the history section and go more into the social aspects. Also apply 5th Edtion rules to some of the cyberwear and the vehicles.

I also redid Shion for 5th edtion and posted her here... somewhere.