PS238 Comic

Herolover

I am following it. It's hilarious, and most often for the low-keyness of the jokes. "No need to worry. I left a homunculus teaching my science class. We can savor the irony in-flight."

As for the power write-ups, well...

Suzi Fusion is a pretty simple one: flight (she mentions NORAD freaking whenever she flies too high), damage shield (she mentions melting things when she flies too low), possibly an EB (or an RKA, it is radiation) though she hasn't used one yet, and a CE, lingering, SFX: radiation, always when powers are on. Or maybe a Side Effect on all her powers instead.

Captain Clarinet is a pint-sized Superman. Just give him the basic Supes suite, skip all the nifty extras, and you're good to go.

There's a speedster in class; he'd get the typical high speed, lots of running. He seemed to be a bit hyper in general, but I think that's normal for a speedster, especially one who's seven or eight.

Morphie should be pretty simple too. Mental Images, must make eye contact.

It's that Zor-On (I think) kid who'll be hard. He's way too smart and skilled. He really doesn't have any true "superpowers" beyond that; just brains and an utter lack of morals.

Trust me -- Aaron Williams can't put out material fast enough for me. Between PS238 and Nodwick you have my two favorite genres (superhero and fantasy), and two of the three books I most look forward to getting (Crossovers is actually #1).

Having said that, the activities of the adult characters interest me a little bit more than the kids. This is especially true of Herschel (the "janitor") and the main teacher character (drawing a blank on her name, especially because she's so obviously a one-off of Aaron's wife I actually remember her as "Ms. Willaims"). His "backpanel" gag in the latest issue is truer than most teachers would be willing to admit.

I've been following the series since the initial backup strips in Nodwick, and love it. (Now if the local shops would get issue 3 in ....)

Zodon shouldn't be that hard to build -- an obscene INT, loads of technical skills and Inventor, and Phys Lim: Incapable of Swearing :) . Now, his transport chair might be tricky until we see a little more of what it can do.

Originally posted by Black Rose

It's that Zor-On (I think) kid who'll be hard. He's way too smart and skilled. He really doesn't have any true "superpowers" beyond that; just brains and an utter lack of morals.

That's Zodon! and in number 3 you have the chance to apply to be his minion.

And Micheal Stackpole's Revenant makes a cammeo.

BTW I follow the comic.