Underground Bases and Concealment

Blue Jogger

I was constructing an underground base and realized that it needed Concealment.

According to the rules, a base (even an underground one) without Concealment is discovered with a simple Perception roll. :confused:

After much discussion, I decided to expand my base from 322 hexes to 1290 hexes and use Partial Coverage to give the original 322 hexes Concealment at 18 or less. Technically I saved points. It costs 6 points to expand the size and saved 11 points on Concealment. Anyone can easily find the 800 hexes of access tunnels, but to find where the secret base is along those tunnels is very difficult.

Now, the question is, can I put Publically Known on the base?

And did they clarify this in The Ultimate Base?

Re: Underground Bases and Concealment

Looking at the book. "This means that everyone, but everyone, knows its (current) location, who owns it, its prominent features, what can be found inside, and so forth."

It's really close. It might be 5 points Somewhat Known, instead of the 15 that Public Identity gives.

Ok, here it is so far. The Partial Coverage should be a -3/4 since it is 3 levels above, but we have a house rule limiting limitations to a -1 total. This is to prevent excessive weaseling.

Shaylee's Underground Base

Val Char Cost

11 Size 22

5 DEF 9

5 BODY 3

Characteristics Cost: 34

Cost Skill

10 Concealment 18- (21 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2), Partial Coverage (322 Hexes) (-1/2)

Skills Cost: 10

Cost Perk

20 Location: City; Modifier Underground

Perks Cost: 20

Total Character Cost: 64

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Unluck: 2d6

10 Watched by Underground Creatures: 14- (Less Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

5 Social Limitation: Somewhat Known (Occasionally, Minor)

Disadvantage Points: 25

Base Points: 45

64-25=39?

Yes, If I spend 9 points, I get 45 base points, of which, I've spent 39. I suppose I could only spend 8 points and get 40 base points. It's not the points, it's a matter of buying what I'm envisioning the base is like. I have 15 points available, I could just buy the whole 75 point base with NO disadvantages and FULL Concealment (no limitation) on the whole 1290 hexes.

But where's the fun in that?