Download down! (spoilers for War of Worldcraft)

IndianaJoe3

I'm running War of Worldcraft to get the gaming group I'm in back into playing Hero System. But I've run into a problem... :help:

In the first part of the adventure, Download is supposed to escape after confronting the heroes. Unfortunately, he was knocked out and captured. Vanbot did escape after Jason W. Long's brain was uploaded, so the players did not win a complete victory. I'd like some opinions on these options.

1. Download escapes from jail and the adventure continues normally. That would get things back on track, but it's a railroad. :thumbdown
  2. Continue the adventure, but draw players towards the virtual approach. Download's virtual half is still active, so that path works as written.
  3. Download's original body is in jail, but that doesn't prevent him from having backups. The one in custody goes comatose, and Download is active once more.

I'm also going to have to work on Download 2.0 for the final battle. He went down just a little too easily the first time.

Re: Download down! (spoilers for War of Worldcraft)

Some prison guard bytes break him out.

Some bits creep in through the septic system and break him out.

A "van" full of "prisoners" enter, and break him out.

A Byte "Download" is seen around town, leading the PCs to wonder if they have the right guy.