If you're in the New York Area...

Balabanto

At 5:30 PM on Thursday, February 18th, Sharon Packer will be reading excerpts from her book "Superheroes and Superegos, Analyzing the Minds Behind the Masks" at the New York Academy of Medicine. Preregistration is required.

The address is

1216 5th Avenue at 103rd Street

New York, NY 10029

Phone: 212-822-7315

Re: If you're in the New York Area...

I attended the lecture. It really was awesome. In fact, it was so awesome that I couldn't wait to buy the book and brought it home with me. This is a much fairer treatment of superheroes than Seduction of the Innocent. I think she missed some things, but it's a really cool book, and she's really smart as a whip.

Sadly, I was the only person in the audience who knew who Hugo Danner and Liberty Belle were besides the author. But that's life.

Well, I finished reading the book a few minutes ago. It is one of the most valuble supplements for superhero gaming by far. I think it has a lot of potential to help gamemasters nail down non-mechanical intangibles and get more in depth roleplaying responses out of characters.

Good Job reporting on this event and posting a review of the book. Unfortunately I cannot award you Reputation at this time.

So here with a few words of encouragement is the new kid superhero sensation, Mighty 14--

SuperheroMain.jpg

"Beat up the bad guys! Beat up the bad guys! WOOWOOWOO!"

Thank You, Mighty 14, for that inspirational affirmation. :thumbup: