Teleport Gate UAA

Wyrm Ouroboros

The Power: Teleportation 5", Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages; Armor Piercing, Invisible F/X, Usable As Attack, Variable F/X ('Hellish'); +3/4), Continuous (+1), MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 10m (+1/4) (57 Active Points); Gate (-1/2)

The Question: I have a target locked into a Floating Fixed location. Can I use that fixed location, along with 'Usable As Attack', to reach out and teleport-grab him from where-ever he is to where I am?? The gate opens right at him courtesy of the Floating Fixed Location, he gets nailed by the 'Usable As Attack' part, and the gate is closed with him in my location.

Re: Teleport Gate UAA

Doesn't the Floating Fixed location mean you have to set a point, or position, and then to use it as an attack the person has to move into that area?

So yes, if you set the point and then after that the person is still there, then you can attack teleport him.

Otherwise, I think the Use as an Attack allows you to teleport attack a person at range only if you have bought the Ranged advantage.

Theoretically, you should be able to do some kind of touch attack with the power as you have it written up.

That is how I think it works anyway.

Broadsword -}--->

Re: Teleport Gate UAA

Wouldn't that point (floating fixed location) have to be within the attack range of the power based on the active points? Also, wouldn't the range modifier apply? I would say that you would have to buy the advantage No Range Modifier, and some form of megascale targeting sense to make this work. Alternately, some form of Trigger could work. Otherwise, you are getting something for nothing

EDIT: On second thought, the Megascale advantage would cover the attack range. The range modifier and targeting issues are still there to my mind.