Internal TK attack

Arthur

Don't have my book...but I believe that this is a standard option for BOECV, you chose when you build it if it targets vs DX as well as if it targets regular PD or ED or Mental...I once built this concept (sort of) as RKA:Pen:IPE:Indirect...The IPE was +1/2 I think because Mental awareness worked to locate and detect.....(Looong time ago) Ego attack,does body,does KB is a pretty good PK Blast as well.......(maybe add X2 KB?)

I'd want to define just how the mentalist rips through the body in some level of detail, that should flesh the details out.

How does he reach in with his mind, i.e., what STOPS his mind from reaching in? Is he forcing his mental waves through physical barriers, or is it prevented by mental counter-strikes? That's a key question I'm unsure of. If the former, it's very much TK-based, if the latter it's very much EGO-based. Also, we should get an idea if he's fixing on minds or objects in longer-range targetting (if applicable) - is he mind-scanning or clairsentient?

From those SFX the rest should be "easy" to nail. Yeah, right... :P Less hard, anyway.

Originally posted by zornwil

How does he reach in with his mind, i.e., what STOPS his mind from reaching in? Is he forcing his mental waves through physical barriers, or is it prevented by mental counter-strikes? That's a key question I'm unsure of. If the former, it's very much TK-based, if the latter it's very much EGO-based. Also, we should get an idea if he's fixing on minds or objects in longer-range targetting (if applicable) - is he mind-scanning or clairsentient?

...or does the target's mind ("psychometabolically") cause his/her body to shred itself from the inside....

By the way, I believe the standard rules for Clairsentience do not allow you to establish Line of Sight. I can understand this in terms of game balance, but it doesn't make a whole bunch of intuitive sense. I guess you could buy a Linked Mind Scan, and your attack roll would be excellent since you only have to narrow down from a group of one mind....

Originally posted by prestidigitator

By the way, I believe the standard rules for Clairsentience do not allow you to establish Line of Sight. I can understand this in terms of game balance, but it doesn't make a whole bunch of intuitive sense. I guess you could buy a Linked Mind Scan, and your attack roll would be excellent since you only have to narrow down from a group of one mind....

The USPDB has at least one exception to that rule (TV Teleport), maybe more. Personally I allow a 10 point Targeting Sense adder for Clairsentience to allow line of sight; if you want to use it for targeting mental powers, add Clairsentience for the Mental group as well.

I've used this extensively in play, and I haven't seen any problems from it in a Mentalist heavy game.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by OddHat

The USPDB has at least one exception to that rule (TV Teleport), maybe more. Personally I allow a 10 point Targeting Sense adder for Clairsentience to allow line of sight; if you want to use it for targeting mental powers, add Clairsentience for the Mental group as well.

I've used this extensively in play, and I haven't seen any problems from it in a Mentalist heavy game.

I understand that Clairsentience doesn't establish line of sight but, why???

[off topic]

can you use clairsentience to study a place for a floating location for T-Port?

[/off topic]

Originally posted by Zed-F

How about something a LOT simpler.

xd6 EGO Attack, Does BODY (+1). Add limitations to taste.

Just remember that this doesn't make it a KILLING ATTACK. Normal mental defense would apply(not that everyone has it though). but the damage would be counted as NORMAL dice.

:o