Working on Zero-G combat, again.

Xavier Onassiss

It occurs to me one of the best ways for characters to avoid some of the worst effects of zero-G melee combat is to use the 'pulling a punch' maneuver; it'll reduce the amount knock-back considerably. Characters in my campaign who are considered experts in zero-G combat are naturally going to have some skill levels with this maneuver, but I'm not sure which way they should be purchased:

1) Penalty skill levels, vs. the OCV mods for pulling a punch; or

2) Combat skill levels, w/the limitation only vs. OCV penalty for pulling a punch.

This represents the ability to hit an opponent where it hurts without imparting so much force that both parties go flying off in opposite directions. Or at least, they do so more slowly.

And one other question: what other types of maneuvers can the 'pulling a punch' maneuver be used with? (Can a character pull a martial strike? Or a haymaker?!) Using this martial arts would be ideal, since MA attacks tend to do less knock-back to begin with.

Thanks in advance for your input on this.

Re: Working on Zero-G combat, again.

It would be appropriate to allow skill levels to decrease knockback without decreasing damage

There's an optional use for 'pulling a punch' which allows the maneuver to be used to reduce knock-back, at -1 OCV per -4m of KB, so that would do pretty much the same thing. However, I'm running a campaign with a strongly realistic tone, therefore: Less KB = Less Body damage due to lower impact. I'd rather not have melees with attacks doing full Body damage, and their momentum (knock-back) magically 'disappearing.'

So the basic 'pulling a punch' for less Body maneuver is my first choice; it's just a question of whether to use CSL's or PSL's to counter the OCV mods.