(5th Ed) Base Living Quarters

Building a villain's base and I'm allocating hexes for living quarters. Thus far I have:

• Master's Quarters: A large, luxury suite shared by the villain and his kept woman. 30 hexes (16 hexes at 1¼ height, 5 hex bath, 5 hex closet/storage)
  • Private Quarters: 10 one-room apartments; six occupied by members of the villain's Quirky Miniboss Squad, the other four reserved as guest accommodations as needed. 80 hexes (each 4 hexes at 1¼ hex height, 2 hex bath, 1 hex closet/storage)

I now need barracks for roughly 500 mooks (i.e., a bunk and a locker for each, plus shared bathing facilities). how many total hexes should I allocate for both the bunkrooms and the bathing facities?

Re: (5th Ed) Base Living Quarters

Well I can say from experience that when the US military designs living quarters for enlisted personnel in infantry units (barracks style bunks) a each person is alloted approximately 200-300 sqft. in 5th ed that averages to about 6 hexes per person that includes a common bathing facility, a common social room and a sleeping room. in lean times the common social room will be converted to sleep room and the head is designed over sized for that reason.

All those numbers are assuming a land base. On Navy ships I know quarters are MUCH tighter probably down to 2-3 hexes per person including common spaces.

So... if he wants comfortable happy minions he will give them 6 hexes each if he wants to pack them in like sardines then you could probably get away with 2 hexes each

Well I can say from experience that when the US military designs living quarters for enlisted personnel in infantry units (barracks style bunks) a each person is alloted approximately 200-300 sqft. in 5th ed that averages to about 6 hexes per person that includes a common bathing facility, a common social room and a sleeping room. in lean times the common social room will be converted to sleep room and the head is designed over sized for that reason.

All those numbers are assuming a land base. On Navy ships I know quarters are MUCH tighter probably down to 2-3 hexes per person including common spaces.

So... if he wants comfortable happy minions he will give them 6 hexes each if he wants to pack them in like sardines then you could probably get away with 2 hexes each

You could also do what I think they call "hot bunking" in the Navy, where you have personnel share a cot space and trade off when shift changes occur. You could thus get by with 250 bunks, assuming a 12-hour shift.

Let's see...

At 6 hexes of space per minion, that means we'd be looking at a barracks 3000 hexes big. Fortunately I splurged on base size for this one. "Hot bunking" as per Steve's suggestion might be something to consider if the minion population doubles sometime later...

Thanks to you both.