An odd little question

tcabril

For my Birthday I was gifted a copy of "Tales of the Gold Monkey" complete series on DVD. I thought this would make for a fun quick campaign idea to use Hero System. I do hope to do a Champions game but that (due to availability of players and time) won't start till the fall and I would love to kick the tires with a filler campaign.

Since I am new to the system I was wondering what character point level people would recomend for an Indiana Jones knock off? 100pts? 200pts? This would be a pulp adventure but not too powerful.

There really would not be that many powers per se but one could use character points on vehicles or bases.

Characters would be primarily adventures and spies.

Any thoughts or suggestions? It is, hopefully, something I can work on over my vacation.

Thanks much - I love to pick the brains of people who know this system very well.

Thanks again!

Todd

Re: An odd little question

If you've got a low number of players 175 points is a good number to make sure you've got good coverage of capabilities.

If you've got an average number (4-6) then 150 points should easily allow for various archetypes to all exist nicely together for a Pulp game.

Re: An odd little question

That would probably be this: Pulp Hero Vehicle Sourcebook, Vol. I, $3 at the Hero Store. The blurb says:

"[...] It includes complete character sheets for every vehicle in Pulp Hero that hasn't already been published in The Ultimate Vehicle or The HERO System Vehicle Sourcebook. So strap yourself in and get ready to ride!"

As for seaplanes and flying boats, the Boeing 314 Clipper, Consolidated M-16 Commodore, Martin M-130, Sikorsky S-42, as well as the zeppelin and autogyro are already covered in the Hero System Vehicle Sourcebook and might not appear in the PHVS I pdf, though those have full writeups in the HSVS, and brief stats are listed in the Pulp Hero book.

I'd recommend the Pulp Hero book, it outdoes Call of Cthulhu in covering the era and should contain almost everything you'd ever need (writeups are 5th Edition but easy to adapt to 6E using the guidelines in 6E1 20-21, also downloadable freely here. For vehicles, measurements given in inches you just double to get meters).

Here's the description and ghost-angel's review: Pulp Hero

Hope that'll help you, otherwise go look at the Pulp Hero forum. :)