Looking for info on OOP products

randian

In a fit of Bookpedia induced OCD, I'm looking for ISBNs, MSRPs, and Stock Numbers for some of the old Hero stuff I own, mostly Hero Plus PDFs. I've lost the original info and the PDFs aren't telling. None of them seem to have ISBNs, for example. I don't know if Hero Plus ever used ISBNs.

I've attached a PDF list. What's missing should be reasonably obvious. I'd appreciate any help you can give.

That "The Golden Age of Champions" on the list is the first, third edition one from Firebird, not the fourth edition redo from Hero. Getting at least an ISBN goes a long way towards finding one.

Re: Looking for info on OOP products

I don't believe that most of the HPA items have ISBNs. Broken Kingdoms might have had one, but it would have been on the little package that held the floppy disk. My original's in storage somewhere, but if I come across it, I'll verify the information for you. If no one finds the info about the GAoC for you, I'm pretty sure that I can lay my hands on my copy after work today and will see if it has any of the information that you're looking for.

JoeG

After making copies to numerous desktops, laptops, and backup drives, including successors thereto, and not having had a floppy drive for years, keeping the original package seemed superfluous at the time. I appreciate your efforts.

Well, yes, my copy of Broken Kingdoms was copied from the floppies very soon after I got it, and has been stored on various backup drives on my computers. The original discs (and a cd backup) were stashed in one of my storage boxes for program CDs. There's no ISBN on the package (I really doubt that any of these will have one). The number on the package is HPA 1008.

There are, however, ads for Fantasy Hero 2.5 (HPA 1009, now with Fuzion notes), PRIMUS (HPA 1010), and Unknown Eagles (HPA 1011). I can't seem to place my hands on GAoC right now, so I'm guessing it's still in some box in the house. I sincerely doubt that it will have an ISBN either, as most RPG books of that era didn't. BTW, it is in stock at NobleKnight Games: http://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDetailSearch.asp_Q_ProductID_E_-320586898_A_InventoryID_E_2147698281

JoeG

Fair enough. Do you have a stock/item # for Super Mage Bestiary or Haunted Heroes? Mystic Menaces has an ISBN, but the last three numbers in the PDF are ??-?, like some sort of placeholder. Plus it's 5E, and the rest of the 5E stuff have real ISBNs.

The numbering is weird too. Your ad has Unknown Eagles as HPA1011 and PRIMUS as HPA1010. Another source I looked up (a link from here no less) has Unknown Eagles as HP012, PRIMUS as HP011, Broken Kingdoms as HP010, and reserves the HPA prefix for Pulp Hero adventures. Btw, what list price is shown for Unknown Eagles and Bright Future?

Again, thanks for looking this stuff up.

There's a tag (from Noble Knight--where I bought it several years ago)' date=' and I paid $17.95 (new) for it, though I don't know if that was the original price.[/quote']

If I have correct info, sounds like you got a small discount: list was $19.95 for Broken Kingdoms.

Start Here with Derek's great list http://rhinobunny.com/derek/champions/herogameslist.html

Ebay listing for GAoC 1st Edition. http://cgi.ebay.com/CHAMPIONS-RPG-Golden-Age-Champions-Near-Mint-/350382554175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0 BTW Golden age of Champions was a product for 2nd edition Champions/Hero. I don't believe that it was a 3rd edition product.

BTW Bright Future, Primus, Broken Kingdoms, Widows and Orphans, New Bedlam Asylum, Haunted Heroes are all 4e publications. A great rule of thumb for hero Products is 5e and 6e books all have DOJHERO stock numbers. Any ICE products are prob 3rd edition, or 4th edition depending on their publishing date.

All these items are available as PDFs on the online store

New Bedlam Asylum is o

Mystic Menaces Fun Pack (PDF Download)

Widows and Orphans

Fangs Of The Scarlet Serpent (PDF Download)

Four Fiends

Nazi Death-Zombies Of The Congo! (PDF Download)

Primus is available on the online store

The Raven and the Midnight Brigade (PDF Download)

Captain Battle and the Science Police (PDF Download)

Spears Of The Tisangani (PDF Download)

Strange Magics, Vol I: Voodoo (PDF Download)

The Voodoo Cross (PDF Download)

The Dordogne Zodiac (PDF Download)

The Malay Coins (PDF Download)

Pulp Hero Vehicle Sourcebook, Vol. I (PDF Download)

Inner-Earth (PDF Download)

None of the above list was ever published as a paper product. All of the Pulp Hero items (and some more that you didn't list) are on the online store (use the category "Pulp Hero"). Also all of the stuff that is still being sold on the online store has a proper stock number (which I will leave to you to look up) Derek's list should have the remainder. Not sure of the PDF's have an ISBN due to not appearing as a paper product.

It turns out The Golden Age of Champions doesn't have an ISBN or Stock #. Champions 3E came out in 1984, GAoC in 1985, that's why I assumed GAoC was 3E material.

Assuming nothing has an ISBN (including Mystic Menaces with its placeholder ISBN), the only info I'm now missing is:

Stock/Item #:

Haunted Heroes

The Super Mage Bestiary

MSRPs:

Bright Future

Haunted Heroes

The Super Mage Bestiary

Unknown Eagles

Double checking my Copy of GAOC. In the introduction It requires Champions and GAOC to play, it also recommends Champions II, Champions III, Justice Inc and The Armory vol I for best enjoyment of the game. Champions II and Champions III are supplements for Champions 2nd edition, thereby verifying what edition of the rules it was written for.