Question about Duplication

Escafarc

The way I understand (and on occasion I've been wrong:D) it all "Dupes" appear at the location of Base Character/Persona/"Dupe" A. I have a character concept where I see the Dupes appearing or recombining at any location that any of the other Dupes are located at. The recombining can be handled with the Recombine at Range Advantage. I would like to hear some ideas on handling the duplication at range part though.

thanx

Re: Question about Duplication

I'm not really sure what the reasoning for prohibiting the Ranged advantage on Duplication is' date=' so I would just use that. If anyone knows a reason why that breaks things, I'd be curious to know.[/quote']

The only thing I can think of is it would basicly give you Teleportation for really low point cost. But maybe at a increased cost?

A +1/2 advantage on 1/5 of your total cost is not exactly cheap - that's 40 points on a standard Champions character. In fact, taking Altered Duplicates and re-spending the Duplication points on a triggered Teleport may be more cost effective.

A +1/2 advantage on 1/5 of your total cost is not exactly cheap - that's 40 points on a standard Champions character. In fact' date=' taking Altered Duplicates and re-spending the Duplication points on a triggered Teleport may be more cost effective.[/quote']

40pts Teleport would be 40m(50m if you put the Requires Attack Roll Limit on it) where the At Range Advantage on 80pts of Duplication would get you 800m of range.

I don't have my books with me and I don't remember if Duplicating is a half-phase or full phase action. If half then you're looking at a range the same as if you were doing a half move with a 1600 pt Teleport.

A +1/2 advantage on 1/5 of your total cost is not exactly cheap - that's 40 points on a standard Champions character. In fact' date=' taking Altered Duplicates and re-spending the Duplication points on a triggered Teleport may be more cost effective.[/quote']

Triggered Teleport sounds best.

Once I got home last night and reread the power there's and option for Rapid Duplication(in the first section of the discription, not under the Limitation of course) that I think will do what I want at a +1/2 advantage. Of course this was after I had figured how to do this with the Usable By Others At Range Advantage on the drive home:)

use non combat tport movement' date=' as the Dupe can't otherwise act in that phase anyway[/quote']

The problem with Teleport is there are a lot of Barrier vs. Teleport in this campaign and I don't see this power as being affected by those from Special F/X POV. The "Dupes can Duplicate" option seems to be what I'm looking for.