Degenerating Activation Rolls

JPicasso

I was wondering what your thoughts would be regarding a power that required a roll, but after each successful activation, the roll to reactivate would be one less.

At first I was going to use some mid point of 13- and 8-, but with burnout being -0 and Jammed only -1/2, wondering if this is even worth an extra -1/4?

Thoughts?

Plan B would be to just keep the 12 or 13 requirement and put 4 charges on it.

Re: Degenerating Activation Rolls

I was wondering what your thoughts would be regarding a power that required a roll, but after each successful activation, the roll to reactivate would be one less.

At first I was going to use some mid point of 13- and 8-, but with burnout being -0 and Jammed only -1/2, wondering if this is even worth an extra -1/4?

I don't know that I'd compare it to Burnout and Jammed. Burnout has the advantage of knowing each use will or won't work, and Jammed has the lesser advantage of knowing later uses won't work. This reduces actions wasted on a failed activation roll.

IJ, yeah, I wish it would have been included with the rest of the limitations, that was my point. It looks like the power groups at the front of Chapter 5 that include adv and lim that are normally only associated with those types of powers. It would have added consistency if they could have all shown up in chapter 7.

Good points with the comparisons I did. I would also never consider the power completley useless and allow infinte 8- rolls after 6 successful activations. (13,12,11,10,9,8)

Right now I'm leaning twoards -3/4 because it seems somewhere between the -1/2 and -1 requirements listed for ablative defenses.

IJ' date=' yeah, I wish it would have been included with the rest of the limitations, that was my point. It looks like the power groups at the front of Chapter 5 that include adv and lim that are normally only associated with those types of powers. It would have added consistency if they could have all shown up in chapter 7.[/quote']

Yeah, I didn't like it when they split them like that either. I think it would've been better had they simply said "This Modifier is normally only applied to XXX Powers" in the first paragraph of the description.