regeneration and bleeding

feralucce

Re: regeneration and bleeding

it's more a case of simplicity... and a matter of the fact that he DOES bleed. It's conceptual... and If I build the drain or supress to add the bleeding mechanic, then it seems, even to me, that it is specifically targeting him with an npc... and I don't do that... it seems too forced and way too specific unless they eventually get to the point where all the villains in the campaign decide they need to be removed. Which, at this point, is very unlikely, as it's like watching the key stone cops as supers

I'd require the character buy the "no bleeding" mechanic as extra Regen only to offset bleeding damage, then. Anything that Drains or Suppresses regeneration will reduce the total regen including the limited portion, so he will lose his resistance to bleeding when he loses his regeneration.

Admittedly it's subject to GM fiat' date=' but that would make the character an Automaton, which doesn't work well for PCs.[/quote']

Actually, it wouldn't, not even under the Prior Dispensation, let alone this one.

A character can be an Automaton and have no Automaton powers; I've written and posted at least a couple.

A character can have every Automaton power, and not be an Automaton.

Under the Old Regime, such a character would have been an illegal character in that such powers were explicitly forbidden to non-Automatons, but it still would not have been an Automaton. It's only an Automaton if it has EGO 0 (actually, no EGO - it's "mental aspect" just doesn't exist, it's mindless.)

Lucius Alexander

Systems Operation, Palindromedary