Find Weakness and Lack of Weakness for 6th Edition.

quozaxx

There is usually more than one way to write up any power or concept.  You could just as easily use extra damage to simulate Karnak from the Inhumans.  Find Weakness may be cheaper or more efficient, but it is not the only way to do it. The exact game mechanics of how something takes more damage does not matter, what is important is the end result.  You could even use a multipower with a slot for each type of extra damage.  In 6th edition it could be done just using skill levels.  It would be expensive at 10 points per skill level, but it would work.  For a more focused character it would be a little cheaper.  

11 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I always understood double armor piercing to simply be a way of negating a level of hardened, not that it quartered defenses.

You are absolutely correct, Sir.

You ever use a house rule so long that you forget it's a house rule?  :rofl:

to "equalize" things when we pushed out Find Weakness, we House Ruled "2 levels of AP halves defenses."  However, a single hardened will prevent that.

9 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

.  Find Weakness may be cheaper or more efficient, but it is not the only way to do it. The exact game mechanics of how something takes more damage does not matter, what is important is the end result.

This will never not be quote worthy.  No matter how long we have played or how often we harp on "reason from effect," we will all of us hve that one build we are shooting for where we lose track of what is the mechanical result, amd what is the special effect.

A quick Googling told me Karnak is a super-ninja moon man who finds the weakest point in a target and karate chops it into pieces.

It could be fins weakness, but it could also be a special circumstances (ie, highly limited) plus Xd6 HKA as well.

9 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

You could even use a multipower with a slot for each type of extra damage.  In 6th edition it could be done just using skill levels.  It would be expensive at 10 points per skill level, but it would work.  For a more focused character it would be a little cheaper.  

I like this.  I think I am going to play around with it when I have more time.

Woah-

Sorry guys;

I spent a lot of rime and worda saying "armor piercing."

I didnt really catch that until now.

We have been using "Piercing Points," the dorerunner of Penetrating.

My apologies for what must have been seven extra layers of confusion...

Mea culpa.