Project WyrmStar Deadlines

Secret Master

As many of you already know, Blackwyrm is reviewing proposals for Project WyrmStar: our plan to release six unique Star Hero settings in conjunction with Star Hero for 6th Edition at GenCon 2011. Dave and I have decided on some deadlines for this project which we would like to share with you, as well other information.

The proposal deadline is October 31st. All reasonable proposals will be considered.

The manuscript deadline is January 31st. Manuscripts must be well-organized, thorough, and playtested before submission.

We will select six manuscripts and announce our choices by March 1st.

Project WyrmStar will receive some or all of its funding through Kickstarter. More announcements about this will be made in March.

Blackwyrm will be doing print runs of 150, plus digital copies will be made available through our website, the Hero Store, RPGNow, and Paizo. Project WyrmStar physical copies will be made available through our website, the Hero Store, and will go into distribution to game stores through Impressions Marketing.

-Jason Walters

Re: Project WyrmStar Deadlines

A couple of clarifications...

We will select six manuscripts and announce our choices by March 1st.

Our target number is six. If we only get three good ones, we won't force bad ones onto teh game-buying public. And if we get seven killer books, we miiiight go above six.

Blackwyrm will be doing print runs of 150

Initial print runs of 150. With plenty of reorder potentional.

The printed books will also be available for order at Amazon, B&N, etc. on a print-on-demand basis, which will be above and beyond that 150.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Project WyrmStar Deadlines

Bummer, I finally have some relief from work's heavy schedule and I read this after Oct 31.

Do you guys take submissions on a general basis out of curiosity? I was looking at your website without registering and didn't see anything.