Desolidifcation

Dr Divago

I'm, building a charachter with desolidifaction power, and i've some question about it:

1) desolidified charachters are unaffected by "real world" attacks; is clearly unaffected by physical object, bullet, sonic wave, and similiar; but is affected by fire, electrical, pure photonic energy? (Lasers or microwave for examples)

1a) is affected by intense thermal sources, like intense cold and heat? and by radiation?

2) can i build a desolidification with "vulnerable to fire" or "vulnerable to radiation"?

3) if a Charachter buy duplicate, and desolidification, can recombine while desolidified? in theory, SFX for the desolidifcation are same ('cause is a duplicated charachter) so can interact each others (and so recombine). This is true?

Re: Desolidifcation

Originally posted by Dr Divago

1a) is affected by intense thermal sources, like intense cold and heat? and by radiation?

i would charge it a -0 limitation IIRC the description of the power precises that the PC must be vulnerable to some attacks

I'm, building a charachter with desolidifaction power, and i've some question about it:

1) desolidified charachters are unaffected by "real world" attacks; is clearly unaffected by physical object, bullet, sonic wave, and similiar; but is affected by fire, electrical, pure photonic energy? (Lasers or microwave for examples)

it depends of the limitation above but i would accept a -1/4 or -1/2 limitation if the class of attacks affecting the PC is really broad

(considering that the limitation "do not protect from damage" is -1)

2) can i build a desolidification with "vulnerable to fire" or "vulnerable to radiation"?

i'm unsure of of your question : if the PC is desolid and affected by fire/radiation can he be vulnerbale to fire/radiation at the same time ?

I would do that as a side effect

Side effect (major): vulnerable to fire/radiation: -1/2

or a plain disadvantage.

Vulnerable to fire (common) (20 points)

- only when desolid : -1/2

==> 13 points disadv.

3) if a Charachter buy duplicate, and desolidification, can recombine while desolidified? in theory, SFX for the desolidifcation are same ('cause is a duplicated charachter) so can interact each others (and so recombine). This is true?

i would say yes but its the GM's discretion

and YOU are the GM.;)

Re: Desolidifcation

1) Normally, they're not affected by anything physical or energy at all. However, you should define (it's in the rules on desolid, I don't have the rulebook handy) some sort of effects that affect the desoild character so that they aren't untouchable.

1a) Not by default.

For both 1 and 1a, I would examine how the character becomes desolid and base their "weakness" on whatever the type of desol is. For example, a ghost may be vulnerable to mystical attacks; a guy who is desolid because he is pure energy might be affected by energy "in his band", so if he's radiation, then radiation may well be his weakness.

2) If you mean the character, as opposed to the power itself, because you need the character to be vulnerable to something, one of the 2 of these might well come with the power. However, having both of them does represent an unusual level of weakness in a desol. I would give the character a vulnerability as the other poster just suggested, although I wouldn't limit the disad, I would rather just pick "uncommon" for the item (since he's probably not desoild that much, or at the least he can just switch out of being desol).

If the desol itself is "vulnerable" (i.e., does not work under the circumstances you indicated), the power itself should receive a limitation. If it's fire and radiation I'd probably go with -1/2 as those are reasonably common. If just radiation I'd go -1/4. If just fire, probably -1/4 but as this is campaign-specific (some campaigns just have more fire in them) it might justify -1/2 by itself - especially if it's not just a fire power but the PRESENCE of fire. I know that the implication here is that fire+radiation might be +3/4 then; just depends on how frequently and whether it's the presence of them and the GM's "taste".

3) Depends on how the power is defined, I could imagine it having a rationale basis easily enough.

Re: Re: Desolidifcation

Originally posted by zornwil

If the desol itself is "vulnerable" (i.e., does not work under the circumstances you indicated), the power itself should receive a limitation. If it's fire and radiation I'd probably go with -1/2 as those are reasonably common.

Well it was an example; for "vulnerable to extremely heat/cold source" i've give it a -½ limitation

Re: Re: Re: Desolidifcation

Well it was an example; for "vulnerable to extremely heat/cold source" i've give it a -½ limitation

I would say this matches the "reasonably common" form of attack that you have to define for any Desolidification. You shouldn't take a Limitation for it at all. If it were, say, "All Energy Attacks," then I would say it is significantly broader than the requirement, and would merit a Limitation.