VPPs adjusting MPs

Fryguy

Can I use a gadget VPP to adjust a slot in an EC or MP? Eg. I have an EB slot and I want to make it armor piercing.

I know the game mechanics say no on allowing frameworks to adjust or add to each other unless it's an item bought outside of them (ie. STR) but I think this could be allowed by a GM?

Re: VPPs adjusting MPs

Well, if the GM allows it, it then becomes legal. By strict rules-as-written, however, buying a naked advantage in one framework is not legal, and using one framework power to modify another one is also illegal.

HOWEVER, IIRC, there is a way to use Aid to add advantages to a power rather than simply adding more dice/points. Not precisely sure what it is though, but I think I read it somewhere. Since that's not quite a direct boost in the way a naked advantage or just +xd6 EB would be, it might be permissible.

Re: VPPs adjusting MPs

Published characters sometimes bend the rules and can use a VPP to create Naked Advantages or Adders for their other powers, but the rule against using one framework to modify powers in another seems to be treated with a lot more respect in HERO products. I figure if the latter rule is specifically mentioned to be followed in the write-up for the Drifter, it's pretty tough to justify breaking it.