5th Ed Paratwa

algesan

Okay, some know who these are, some don't. For those that do, I'm not worried about the gear from the setting, just the character. I'm not going to deal with the Ash Ock ability to be either a combined consciousness or separate tways. These are the original "straight" Paratwa.

For those who don't it is a character with one mind and two physical bodies.

Problems: Despite having three potential "forms", the mind cannot be attacked as a separate entity other than by powers that would normally affect the mind of a normal human and in that case the bodies are not affected technically.

Depending on the build, does the DEX and SPD have to be bought for both the mental and physical parts?

In theory, both the physical bodies and the mind can be stunned (by regular damage in the first case and mental powers in the second) individually, so do all parts need to buy CON and STUN?

Using the "base" Paratwa form you have two physical bodies that cannot recombine, but if one of the bodies is killed, then the other one goes homicidal (although that is from the book, so it could be dropped).

Possible method: Duplication (base is a pure mental spirit/AI build, plus two physical human bodies), except, these are not multiple free willed entities, they are only one character, however both bodies can act in each phase in perfect harmony.

Everything I look at seems to be awkward and clunky, requiring hand waving, anyone have any idea about how to do this elegantly?

Re: 5th Ed Paratwa

I'd handwave it that way as a GM, but that might be an idea, except how do I build the automatons? As followers? With some kind of mindlink? As totally loyal permanent Summons from a power that only works one time ever?

Might be a bit too cheap that way for a PC although it would help the need to have multiple stats.

I'm actually thinking this might simply not be doable by the written rules without spending waaaaay too many points.

I think Duplication (can't recombine) is probably the best way to do this. I'm too lazy to go check my books, but I'm pretty sure that Duplication already has some limits that could be adapted to represent the way a 'Twa goes nuts when it's other half is killed. Probably from The Ultimate Metamorph.

It's been well over a decade since I read the books, so I can't really recall much else about them.

I've always coveted the epithet "Liegekiller",

which made Royal guard duty interesting.

I'm not familiar with the source material, but if I understand correctly I agree with AmadanNaBriona and would go with Duplication that can't recombine. Add a Mind Link between the duplicates since one mind controls both. Then you can add a Limitation to the Duplication (or maybe a Complication to the character) that mental attacks against either body affect both bodies. You don't need a third "mind" entity unless the mind can exist independently of the bodies.