A DRAIN that powers AID or REGENERATION

azato

Re: A DRAIN that powers AID or REGENERATION

While you could do something involving END Reserves, this is likely to actually cost more points than a non-limited version - not good balance.

The simplest solution would just be a limitation - "Only up to amount Drained". The value of this would depend on how large the pool is and how long points can be stored in it. Probably -1/4, since this is less limiting than Linked, but more limiting than nothing.

You might want to take a look at the Stun Transfer power on 6E vol 1 p. 197. It sounds like it might be a good place to start from, though from your description you'd want to remove the Only Aid Self Limitation from the Aid component and possibly add the Variable Effect Advantage to one or both components instead.

Are the points Drained from the character who owns the power ("I give some of my life force to you..."), from the character being Aided ("This will confuse your mind for a while, but will help your body to heal its wounds..."), or from potentially an enemy or something ("I will take the life force of my enemy and give it to my ally")? The former two cases would probably best be modeled using Side Effects, while the last would be two powers that are (generally) beneficial to the owning character that are somehow linked or limited by the use of the other (i.e. a Transfer construct or something similar). Others have given good suggestions for the last case, but I wanted to mention Side Effects for the others.