Sting Like A Bee (5e)

CrosshairCollie

My brain is locking on how Trigger works. The spell basically summons a wasp that stings the target if it leaves the hex it's in, but otherwise leaves it alone. I'm thinking this is an RKA with Trigger, but I'm not sure precisely how the Trigger should be set up.

1. The trigger only works once per casting; once the wasp stings, the spell ends and the wasp disappears. The spell can be re-cast, of course.

2. The spell can be cast multiple times, but only on different targets.

What mods go on the Trigger here?

Re: Sting Like A Bee (5e)

Here's how I used it to model a similar spell ability for Thia's Wizard 3.5 conversion thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/53457-Sorceror-Wizard-3.5-Spell-Conversion?p=1308639#post1308639

I'm still not sure about the attack bit either but how's this?

34 Guard Hound: (Total: 179 Active Cost, 34 Real Cost) Detect Intruder(s) and Bark (Transmit) A Class Of Things 17- (Mystic Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Sense, Targeting, Transmit, 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Day (+0), Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Trigger can expire (it has a time limit); Begins barking when an intruder is detected; +1/2) (52 Active Points); Limited Power Only to represent senses of 'Triggered' Guard Hound (-2), OAF Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -1 1/4), Linked (When Guard Hounds Attack!; -1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 9) plus Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; When Guard Hound Attacks!; +3/4), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1), Continuous (+1) (127 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Minute (-1), OAF (-1), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Spell (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) (Real Cost: 25) - END=[1 cc]

Re: Sting Like A Bee (5e)

1. The trigger only works once per casting; once the wasp stings' date=' the spell ends and the wasp disappears. The spell can be re-cast, of course.[/quote']

The default is for a Triggered Power to only work once and then have to be reset by the character. A Trigger that automatically resets to attack every Phase is an additional +1/2.

2. The spell can be cast multiple times, but only on different targets.

Being able to set a Triggered Power multiple times is a +0 Advantage, although the book states that such a Power must have Charges or a Focus, unless the GM decides otherwise. The "once per target" seems like a fair balance to this. An Adjustment Power that can only be used on a character once has a -1 Limitation (6E1 143), which is equal to OAF.

So I'm thinking it would be a basic +1/4 Trigger. One triggering condition, Zero Phase Action to activate, Half Phase Action to reset.