Character with one side of his body being human and the othe side being mutant

TheNaga

Re: Character with one side of his body being human and the othe side being mutant

IIRC, hp are pretty high in Heroes Unlimited, so recovering about 3 per round equates to a couple of BOD per turn, so 2 BOD per turn regeneration. Assuming he has 20 BOD (pretty high in most games), that means he recovers from any wounds that weren't lethal in 2 minutes or less. For faster Regen, buy more, or check out the APG I option of Per Phase or Per Segment regeneration.

Tack on the Heals Limbs and Resurrection adders, and I'd say you're good to go. My general bias in translating characters is to preserve the flavour but not worry over actual mechanics, so I'm not losing a lot of sleep on the time aspect, or the "only twice" resurrection issue. You could certainly limit the adders to require Extra Time and have limited nonrecoverable charges if you are so inclined.

Re: Character with one side of his body being human and the othe side being mutant

IIRC' date=' hp are pretty high in Heroes Unlimited, so recovering about 3 per round equates to a couple of BOD per turn, so 2 BOD per turn regeneration. Assuming he has 20 BOD (pretty high in most games), that means he recovers from any wounds that weren't lethal in 2 minutes or less. For faster Regen, buy more, or check out the APG I option of Per Phase or Per Segment regeneration.[/quote']

I think he would be better of buying just 1 Body/Turn and invest the saved points into Resistant Defenses, Does not Prevents first Body from Killing attacks. Unless it is some very gritty game, there is little effect in gaining more Regeneration. But Resistant Protection always works against the STUN of normal Attacks.

I think he would be better of buying just 1 Body/Turn and invest the saved points into Resistant Defenses' date=' Does not Prevents first Body from Killing attacks. Unless it is some very gritty game, there is little effect in gaining more Regeneration. But Resistant Protection always works against the STUN of normal Attacks.[/quote']

Mechanically, I would agree. However, the poster asked how to translate his regeneration ability into Hero, so that's my focus. I have a character with very low defenses, some Damage Reduction, high STUN, END and REC, and per phase Regen. He takes a lot of damage, and he recovers from it quickly, rather than having huge defenses. That's my first real 6e experiment - this approach would have been vastly overpriced in 5e, but so far seems to work in 6e.

Mechanically' date=' I would agree. However, the poster asked how to translate his regeneration ability into Hero, so that's my focus. I have a character with very low defenses, some Damage Reduction, high STUN, END and REC, and per phase Regen. He takes a lot of damage, and he recovers from it quickly, rather than having huge defenses. That's my first real 6e experiment - this approach would have been vastly overpriced in 5e, but so far seems to work in 6e.[/quote']

It also penedends how his systems regeneration affects being Stunned/Knocked Out. When it affects this (like Afaik Regeneration in D&D does, by healing the Stun Damage taken in addition to real damage). If not, being harder to stun could just be a happy side-effect of doing him in 6E.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem with giving him the ability to make duplicates is that in Heroes Unlimited he can make a duplicate that is an exact copy of himself in ever way.

Would you see his left arm having limited manipulation? How would I maker a version of this character that is a good character? I am going to make two version of the character to see which I will get to play as.

How do I go about making the character more bestial in appearance as the character grows in power? Also how I make the left side of character right now bestial looking? I do not want the character to ever have any feline features. What suggestions can you give on figuring out how he is slowly mutating?

Distinctive Features. Perhaps you also discuss with your GM (here we are again discussing with the GM - the character cannot exist in a vacuum) trading off some other complications to increase his DF as his appearance alters, but I'm not sure the character is becoming more distinctive, so this could just be flavour text.

I don't want my character to be half human and half bestial, so I don't write that on my character sheet. If you don't want your character to have feline features, don't give him any. Seems pretty simple to me.

• 4 weeks later...

What ways would I go about making him an anti-hero?

Evil must be crushed at all costs, This is a war, thus the ends justifies the means. He tends to be judgmental, reactionary and brutal towards evil. He is gentle and compassionate to the good and innocent.

He believes that "the ends justify the means."

How would I set him up if I know i want the following power?

Characteristics:

15 STR

16 DEX

22 INT

15 EGO

20 PRE

5 OCV

5 DCV

5 OMCV

5 DMCV

4 SPD

4 PD

4 ED

10 REC

30 END

30 BODY

Powers:

9 Eye of Flame: Blast 5d6, Can only be used by the right eye (+0) (25 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), OIF Durable (-1/2)

9 Eye of Flame: Blast 5d6 (25 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), OIF Durable (-1/2), Linked (Eye of Flame; -1/2)

37 Left Arm's claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6 (4d6+1 / 4 1/2d6 w/STR), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Only usable by the claws on the left arm (-1/2)

30 Hawk-like Vision: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 30 Real Cost) +10 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (Real Cost: 15) plus +10 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group (Real Cost: 15)

12 Left Arm Strength: +15 STR (15 Active Points); Only useable by the left arm (-1/4)

45 Resistant Protection (15 PD/15 ED)

3 Super-Strong Lungs: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per 5 Minutes)

25 Flight 25m

How do I work the following in the character's sheet due to the character being ten feet tall?

Cost Size: Large (up to twice human size)

15 Greater Strength: +15 STR

6 Greater Mass: +3 BODY

6 Heavy: Knockback Resistance -3”

5 More Impressive: +5 PRE

12 Long Legs: Running +6”

3 Tougher: +3 PD

4 Reach: Stretching 1”