Starfish Alien

TheNaga

How alien look does the creature in the description sound? What parts of the description need to be fixed? How do i figure out big they are and how much they weigh? How fast should the creature move when on land and underwater?

How would the following work out? Their flesh has an ammonia odor and an acid flavor. This makes their flesh highly uneatable.

Would the advantages of the following be that they have huge amout of END? They have three hearts. Two large systemic hearts pump blood around their body. The third heart is a redundant heart. All three hearts have a faint greenish appearance.

How would the following work when they are underwater? The giant squid has this feature. They maintain neutral buoyancy in seawater thanks to the ammonium chloride solution which flows throughout their body which is lighter than seawater.

Could they use weapons in their appendages that split at the end, into three radial “fingers"? If they can what weaposn could they use?

Should I keep the following? An Ancarotaur cannot polymorph themselves, shape change themselves, or be changed in shape by others.

I know that right now they are very powerfull simultaneous hermaphroditic being. The dimension they originate from is 85% water and 15% land. The land in their dimension is made up of one large continent. Do they sound like they might have god level powers?

An Ancarotaur resembles a gigantic, extremely horrific looking starfish. Its smooth rubbery skin is oily and dark as the darkest night in color. Instead of the starfish arms, it has twelve symmetrically spaced incredibly flexible appendages. Two of its appendages are tentacles, measuring forty feet in length. Both of these tentacles have small but strong white sucker-like disks that are aligned in four rows. Each of its suckers is ringed with sharp teeth. These two tentacles are the most flexible of all its appendages. Four of the appendages split at the end, into three radial "fingers." Another four of the appendages are nightmarish looking tentacles. A single vicious looking barbed claw is found at the end of these tentacles. Another two of its appendage are tentacles. At the end of these two tentacles is a vicious looking mouth. Each mouth is lined with a double row of eight inches long razor sharp pointed teeth. In its central disk, it has three round glaring red eyes that measure two feet in diameter set in an upside down triangle pattern. Above each of those eyes is a thick brow ridge. On both of each side of those eyes is a glaring red that measures six feet in diameter. All the eyes have a large rectangular shaped pupil. Below all of its eyes is a large powerful round mouth lined with sharp, serrated, triangular teeth. Instead of a normal tongue their mouth has five black tentacle-like tongues that when fully extended, are about a third the length of their body.

Re: Starfish Alien

Sounds like something you wouldn't want to run into... well, anywhere. I don't know what to say about 'fixing' it other than adding maybe some flair about their native habitat or origin or something? "Entirely too many teeth" comes to mind, but in a good way.

On 'god level power' that is up to you, the GM, the nature of the creature, etc. We can only advise you so much, and what one person finds cool another will feel is over the top. My advice would be 'tone it down a bit' but I like low fantasy, somewhat believable sci-fi, etc.

Extra Hearts could do a number of things; there was a thread in the main 6E forum on extra organs or redundant organs or something. I don't remember if extra hearts alone was mentioned. Extra hearts could mean higher CON or END, maybe REC but that would be more from lungs I think... might help against hits to vitals or bleeding, etc. Multiple ways to represent that stuff - as with most things in HERO - depending on how detailed you want to get and however you and/or the GM think of it.

How alien look does the creature in the description sound? What parts of the description need to be fixed? How do i figure out big they are and how much they weigh? How fast should the creature move when on land and underwater?

Find out how much an analogous creature weighs (say a giant squid), factor for the greater size of your critter, and use that as your weight. Remember that weight is based on the cube of size. So if your creature is twice the size of the one that you are comparing it to it will weigh 8 times as much.

As for how fast they can swim, you might want to base that on the speed of their favorite prey or the creature that hunts them. For example, if they like to hunt a killer whale analog it would help if they could swim 30 mph.

How would the following work out? Their flesh has an ammonia odor and an acid flavor. This makes their flesh highly uneatable.

Would the advantages of the following be that they have huge amout of END? They have three hearts. Two large systemic hearts pump blood around their body. The third heart is a redundant heart. All three hearts have a faint greenish appearance.

How would the following work when they are underwater? The giant squid has this feature. They maintain neutral buoyancy in seawater thanks to the ammonium chloride solution which flows throughout their body which is lighter than seawater.

The ammonium chloride solution may be lighter than seawater but some parts of their bodies aren't going to be. Consequently they won't just float on top of the water. However the buoyancy of the ammonium chloride solution would prevent them from sinking all the way to the bottom and keep them in the general depth range that they prefer without them have to expend effort to stay there.

Could they use weapons in their appendages that split at the end, into three radial “fingers"? If they can what weaposn could they use?
Their appendage sound like they would give them the necessary dexterity to use a wide of tools and weapons. The real limiting factor would probably be their brains. It is worth noting that social creatures tend to be smarter than loners. So if they were naturally pack hunter they would have a leg (tentacle) up in evolving tool use.

Should I keep the following? An Ancarotaur cannot polymorph themselves, shape change themselves, or be changed in shape by others.

Are there spell casters in this campaign that would make it necessary to worry about them having there shape changed?

I know that right now they are very powerfull simultaneous hermaphroditic being. The dimension they originate from is 85% water and 15% land. The land in their dimension is made up of one large continent. Do they sound like they might have god level powers?

Not particularly. They do sound large and dangerous though.

An Ancarotaur resembles a gigantic, extremely horrific looking starfish. Its smooth rubbery skin is oily and dark as the darkest night in color. Instead of the starfish arms, it has twelve symmetrically spaced incredibly flexible appendages. Two of its appendages are tentacles, measuring forty feet in length. Both of these tentacles have small but strong white sucker-like disks that are aligned in four rows. Each of its suckers is ringed with sharp teeth. These two tentacles are the most flexible of all its appendages. Four of the appendages split at the end, into three radial "fingers." Another four of the appendages are nightmarish looking tentacles. A single vicious looking barbed claw is found at the end of these tentacles. Another two of its appendage are tentacles. At the end of these two tentacles is a vicious looking mouth. Each mouth is lined with a double row of eight inches long razor sharp pointed teeth. In its central disk, it has three round glaring red eyes that measure two feet in diameter set in an upside down triangle pattern. Above each of those eyes is a thick brow ridge. On both of each side of those eyes is a glaring red that measures six feet in diameter. All the eyes have a large rectangular shaped pupil. Below all of its eyes is a large powerful round mouth lined with sharp, serrated, triangular teeth. Instead of a normal tongue their mouth has five black tentacle-like tongues that when fully extended, are about a third the length of their body.

Why? Why do they have three eyes and five mouths? Why do multiple tongues? What is the purpose of the suckers lined with teeth and barbed claws? How do all of these features aid these creatures in their natural habitat? It not important that you tell me the answer to these questions, but it is important that you know. Otherwise, you are not creating an alien, you are just creating some fantasy monster.

As for how fast they can swim' date=' you might want to base that on the speed of their favorite prey or the creature that hunts them. For example, if they like to hunt a killer whale analog it would help if they could swim 30 mph.[/quote']How fast gamewise would I have to make them be to catch cephaolopods, sperm and killer whales, marlin, and tuna?

Their appendage sound like they would give them the necessary dexterity to use a wide of tools and weapons. The real limiting factor would probably be their brains. It is worth noting that social creatures tend to be smarter than loners. So if they were naturally pack hunter they would have a leg (tentacle) up in evolving tool use.
They would be the smarstest beings in the sea when in the earth's ocean. I have them have an IQ no lower then 200.

Are there spell casters in this campaign that would make it necessary to worry about them having there shape changed?
I am still not sure they have the ability to cast spells. If they have the ability to cast spells the spells would be related to air and water.

Why? Why do they have three eyes and five mouths? Why do multiple tongues? What is the purpose of the suckers lined with teeth and barbed claws? How do all of these features aid these creatures in their natural habitat? It not important that you tell me the answer to these questions, but it is important that you know. Otherwise, you are not creating an alien, you are just creating some fantasy monster.
I thought the suckers lined with teeth on some of the appeandages they grasp prey. They use the barbed claws to spear prey. I thought the tonuges where used like a gecko to capture prey. How would I explain the mouths and eyes? I know that the three smaller eyes can see into the infrared spectrum.

If they are simultaneous hermaphroditic beings then the best to refer to them when I am not a names is it?

I how thought about them being Eldritch Abominations.