Conversion to 6ED

Dr Divago

Hi all

i'm planning on converting my low-pow 5ER superheroic campaign into 6E

aside from some consideration i'm making (if players agree to conversion, if the problems that whould arise would be less than advantage of 6E vs 5ER, etc) i'm also wondering about wich books i would need

i already have 6E1 and 6E2 (ok it's not "mine" but from my flatmate who also is a player in the campaign, but think he would agree to borrow them :) )

he got also some pdf books but i don't remember exactly what (maybe apg? maybe bestiary? sure he got nothing from champions series)

in 5ER i got CKC and some other books (like UNTIL database 1 and 2) to help me

so my question are:

1) what books i will need for a low powered superheroic campaign, apart from Champions 6E? i play in a custom made settings so really don't need ancy setting books

2) assuming i can't use CKC (or 6E equivalent) "as it is" but i need to tone down and adapt to the setting, i can easily convert monsters/enemies from CKC to 6E or i really need the triple "villains books"

3) did you think converting a spoonfull of PC and NPC from 5E to 6E is too tiring and many problem will arise, or it would be very quick and easy so we will almost don't see the difference (safe from some neat advantage)?

thank you for your advices :)

ps: i posted a similar post in a wrong section some days ago; today i figured out it was in a wrong section so i re-posted here

i apologize for the double post...

Re: Conversion to 6ED

1) Champions 6E gives some ideas, but I think if you have your own world you could skip it (but it might still give you ideas). The APG has some very interesting new powers and alternate Rules for the Superheroic genre (especially sustained Attack, Contest of Power and Interference is what you often see in TV). For the more complex builds (like a Jericho or Negative Man) it can be very practical.

3) There are conversion Guidelines. And if you have the Hero Designer things should be fairly easy.

2) Well, most ot them will be build at 400+ Points with 75 matching complcations (Standart Superheroic). So depending on how you define low powered and where the PC's stand realtive to the average NPC, it might be easiest to just define 400 as "low powered" so they are on par with the other "low powered" supers in the books (so you don't have to tone down everybody by 100 points).

Re: Conversion to 6ED

ty for your reply :)

i know i don't "need" champions to play superheroic game; i also got 5E champions, so most of the "philosophical discussion" i think is the same.

BUT

buying champions is not a problem; i will not buy the rulebook (for the moment) 'cause i can borrow them from my friend :) and buying only champions genre book is not a problem; plus, i was planning on buying it anyway u.u

my concern is about the three villains books. plus the power collection book. plus every other book i could use. my campaign is for 300 points (ok is 150+100 in 5E but in 6E i think will be around 300 points), and today i can't use villains as it is in the 5E books but i need to "re-arrange them", reducing some powers, changing background history or like, so i sure will have to spend time adapting them from book entry to my campaign world. And if i need to adapt them, i can always convert them from 5E to 6E

so the problem is: do i "need" the villain books? or i can just use the old 5E villains and adapt them to 6E? it would be easy or too complicated?

ty again for the help